Chapter Three

"Does anyone know what an atom is?" Mrs. Brookes asked. Immediately the girl in front of me, Veronica, shot up her hand. "Ooo!!! Pick me! Pick me!" the girl named Rachel started yelling. Veronica's hand slowly went down as Rachel was yelling. "Rachel... please be quiet... that is not the correct way to address a teacher." Mrs. Brookes said sternly. Rachel slumped back into her chair and crossed her arms. "Veronica. Do you know what an atom is?" Mrs. Brookes asked. "An atom is the smallest particle of all matter." Veronica said with a tone of seriousness in her voice. "Good Veronica! That's correct!" Mrs. Brookes said with a smile on her face. Right then I heard a snicker and looked to where the sound came from. It was Justin. He flipped his hair to the side to look at me and he smiled. I blushed and looked away. He was cute. He had flippy dirty blond hair, light brown eyes, and a amazingly cute smile. "OK class its almost time for lunch. You have five minutes to talk." Mrs. Brookes said. Everyone then started talking to one another. I looked over at Chaz who had started talking to Justin. "Well... at least Chaz has a friend already... surprisingly." I giggled to myself.

When we lined up for lunch I walked up to  Rachel and Veronica who looked like they were friends. "Hi. Im Alex." I said I walked up to them. Veronica coughed. "Veronica." she murmured but she didn't look up. "HI! I'm Rachel! Its nice to meet you! Lets be friends!" Rachel said, jumping up and down. Then she hugged me. "Oh... Well OK then." I said surprised by the hug.

At lunch (I had brought my own lunch.) I had to decide between sitting with Justin, Chaz ,and Ryan or sitting with Veronica and Rachel. Chaz and Ryan were jumping up and down waving at me to sit with them, but Veronica and Rachel were just motioning for me. Just then I got pushed to the side and four girls walked by. Rachel got up and walked over to me. "That's the snobby popular girl group. The  first one is Bri she's the leader, then Mary, then Leslie, and then Jordyn." Rachel informed me. Then I notice the leader, Bri , talking to Justin who had sat next to Chaz and Ryan. I couldn't hear her though. I frowned when Justin stood up, smiled, and hugged her. She smirked and gave me an evil look as she looked dead at me. "That girl... she's not very nice. Is she Rachel?" I asked her. "Not at all." Rachel said.