I don't know what compelled me to crawl out of my bed and blindly walked out of my room and into the empty hallway. Gingerly, I tip-toed to Yuko's room at the far end of the hall.

What are you doing? The logical part of me scolded after I knocked lightly on his door.

I don't know.

He'll think you're a proper creep, standing outside his door at one a.m. in the morning!

"God, what was I thinking?" I muttered under my breath. Shaking my head, I turned to walk away before freezing when I heard the lock turn.

Shit.

"Marissa?" He yawned softly, and his hair was slightly dishevelled. His tired voice sent shivers down my spine, and made my toes curl.

Toes curl? God, Marissa, stop being such a creep! Just tell him you...you slept-walked here or something!

"Uh...," I stuttered, backing away slowly.
Wracking my mind for an excuse, I squeaked, "Sorry, wrong door!"

"What?" he asked, confused and frowning slightly. "Who the hell are you going to pay a visit to now?"

"Um...I can't say?" I cringed, cursing myself for sounding so uncertain. Great job, Marissa. You sound so convincing!

"Is it Logan?" Yuko asked quietly, rubbing his eyes. I blinked in confusion, "What?"

"Logan's a playboy," he stated a-matter-of-factly, narrowing his eyes at me. "Are you going to his room?"

"No!" I instantly yelped, shaking my head furiously. Yuko blinked, before his lips curled into a smile.

"So what are you doing outside my door?" he asked, leaning against the doorframe. I gulped, laughing nervously.

"It's nothing!" I squealed, before turning on my heel.

"Wait!" Yuko said, gripping my wrist and tugging me toward him. Me, being the clumsy girl I am, yelped in surprise when I fell into him. For a moment, we were completely silent. All that could be heard were our heavy breaths and my pounding heart. And then that moment passed, and we sprang apart.

"You came here to talk, right? So talk," he rushed out in one breath.

"Who said I wanted to talk?" I retorted, taking a step back.

"I majored-"

"In psychology, blah blah, I've heard it all before! Just...stop overthinking this and go back to sleep, okay?" I snapped, pursing my lips. Slightly flustered, I tucked a lock of hair behind my ear and stared at my feet.

"So why are you still standing here?" Yuko asked quietly, and my eyes snapped up to meet his.

"I...," I began, completely speechless. He caught me red-handed. Damn it, Marissa! Know he'll think you're a bloody creep! A weirdo!

It was as if his eyes were a black hole. I drowned in them, and I didn't even realise that he has bent down such that our faces were almost touching.