Concert

Jake's pov

By the time we are done eating a light drizzle has started and Mary is playing with Ashley's hair.

"So how is your majesty styling my hair today?" Ashley laughs.

"Well so far I have done a braid," Mary says as she messes with the back of his hair. Ashley laughs a bit looking at the tangly braid dangling between his eyes.

"Your hair will be all kinky on stage if you leave that in too long," I tease.

"Perfect, just like my sex life," he smirks.
Ashley!" I frown. Mary giggles as Ashley makes a mimick noise.

She continues to mess with his hair. soon I am sent for a brush as Ashley blames me for his knotty hair. I hurry and come back throwing it at him. Mary snatches it and brushes his hair. she is very focused on it and Ashley sits still leaning back on his palms. When she is done Mary runs over to me. "can you do mine?" she asks and I nod. she plops down in my lap and I begin brushing her hair.

"Guess I forgot this morning," I say finding many tangles. we kind of just loiter around the time dragging slowly till our show. Juliet braids Mary's hair and teaches Mary how to make a proper braid. Andy talks with Mary and lets her wear two of his bracelets. When it is an hour to the show we walk to the main stage Mary on Andy's shoulders. once we are at the stage I tell Mary that she will stay with Juliet since Juliet is only on for one song. "Can you protect this?" i ask handing Mary my phone. she nods clutching it to her chest and runs to the table set up for them. i look at Juliet and she mouths.

"I got it," we get ready and Mary watches from a table where she sits with Juliet. we are about to go on when it starts to rain and we groan because mud always follows.

"Hey! Jake! Mary and I are going to get umbrellas!" Juliet says and I nod.

"Hurry!" I call as they stand up. a gust of cool wind curled past us and I turn to Juliet. "Hey! get her a jacket I'll pay you back!" I yell and she nods. we thought I would be a warm week, so we have no jackets.

Mary's pov

Juliet and I run to a merchandise stand and try to find a jacket and umbrella. we look at different stands until we find on with sweatshirts. Tie dye ones. I read one that has a throne on it and it a light greenish blue.

"Bring Me The Horizon," I say.

"You want that one?" she asks and I nod liking the color. I put it on and put Jake's phone in the pocket. she pays for it and buys her own jacket at another stand that has a crown on it and it says 'King For A Day'. somehow we find these blue umbrellas and run back to the stage. my sweatshirt is baggy and a little beyond reaches my knees... I love it! we sit down again and the guys are playing. I sing the songs I know the best or just sing the parts I know. it is a lot of fun and I am warm and dry. they are in between a song when me umbrella is ripped from my grasp by a strong gust of wind. I race after it reaching for it, my sleeves out of the way a curtacy of Juliet and some pins. I catch it and stand up suddenly on the open stage. I freeze and look for Jake. he runs up and scoots me to the edge.

"I'm sorry," I say afraid I am in trouble.

"It was an accident," he smiles and kisses my forehead. "now go back to Juliet we still have more show," he says and I smile nodding. running to Juliet she pats my seat.

"Got a small taste of what it is like on stage," she smiles and I nod.

"My stomach felt scared," I laugh.

"Hold tight to your umbrella the wind is a bit strong," she says and I iron grip it with my hands and thighs so the lip of the umbrella drops below my eyes. it is nice. I kind of cool, blue heaven. The rain becomes a little bit heavier and I look under the umbrella to see the guys slightly covered with mud. I laugh and there is a gust of wind that tugs at the umbrella, but I have a hold on it now. Suddenly a hand appears under my umbrella with a big Hershey's bar and I look under the umbrella to see Juliet wink and smile. I grab it and say thank you. Opening the wrapper I break off the first row and peak under my umbrella giving it the Juliet who smiles thanking me.

Just as quickly as it starts it ends and the guys run off stage. I run up to Jake and hand him my umbrella.

"I like your sweatshirt," he smiles.

"Nice mud suit," I laugh as he hands off his guitar. he scraps some off and runs at me. I scream worried about my sweatshirt and run. he chases me and I run around. until I am chased onto the stage where he picks me up and raspberries my belly making me scream with laughter. Some girls scream and he waves. I look out and become shy hugging his neck and hiding my face behind his head. he carries me off and Ashley takes me.

"Did we do well?" he asks and I nod picking some mud off his face.

"Oh guys interview!" Andy says as Juliet hands him his phone. I take out Jake's phone and hand it to him proud I kept it safe. quickly I am hugged to Jake and we are running. I hold tight my arms around his neck and legs around his stomach. he pulls me hood up and has the umbrella in between us for safe keeping. soon we slow down and Jake's grip loosens. I still have my face nestled into his shoulder my hood darkening my closed eyes and making me sleepy. soon I am nodding off and comfy in Jake's hold. soon I hear new voices and laughter, but I am too tiered to inspect my curiosity.

"Aw! who is this?" someone asks their voice getting closer.

"This is Mary, hey," Jake shakes me a bit. "say hi" I whine and look up to her a boy with blond hair, a long face, and light blue eyes.

"Hi," I say groggily.

"How old are you?" he asks and then there is a microphone in front of me.

"Five," I yawn and lean back on Jake's shoulder.

"Well, short discussion, but cute" he says. my eyes droop and my mind wanders my muscles relaxing. Jake must realize because he hoists me up and gets me in a better position. I tug my good over my face more and soon I am in that glazed over world of in between awake and asleep. then I awaking up to me being handed to someone else. in my vulnerable, tired, cranky state I tears well up and I begin to cry uncontrollably.

"Op, now you've done it Brian," Jake laughs as I breath shakily.

"No, I swear I am great with children," my capturer says as tears stream down my cheeks and my tired mind seeks rest. I am held to a skinny shoulder not belonging to Jake and I feel abandoned. who is this? opening my eyes it is the boy and I am scared that he is stealing me. I turn seeing Jake and reach for him.

"Dad do leave me," I whine and he walks up taking me back.

"She isn't good with mornings. so I gotta be ready she wakes up now," he says as I latch to him my breathing slowing, but still a bit ragged.

"I thought you were good with kids," I hear Ashley.

"I lied to myself. false hope," my chest shakes lightly as I calm done my breath catching in my tightening throat. I tuck my chin over Jake's shoulder my neck laying against the top of his shoulder. my hood droops over my eyes shading my face and I relax again.

"She is just tired," Jake says leaning his head to mine for a second. "you can talk with her when she is rested," I bunch the ends of my sleeves and nuzzle into Jake's neck. the interview goes by quickly and they become loose with their words when they think I am asleep. I have become five words smarter today. When the interview is done Jake splits from the guys and he walks a ways until I hear squeals and footsteps approach quickly. I hadn't realized it, but Jake has moved the umbrella to cover us.

"Hi!" I hear a small voice and look. a girl who looks about my age is standing there with another taller girl. "I am Lily!" she giggles and I smile. squirming I ask to be let down and Jake squats down setting me on the ground.

"Hi, Lily. I am Mary," I smile lazily.

"Hi Mary," she says and I let her talk to Jake. she gets an autograph and so does her sister Ellie. then they are off and Jake picks me up continuing to walk. Jake brings me to the bus and we enter. he carries me to my bunk and tucks me in.

"I am going to change, the guys might come back soon to do the same," he says kissing my forehead and I nod snuggling in. he closes the curtain and I am engulfed in a calm dark making me quickly fall into sleep. When I wake up I am in my pjs and hugged to someone like a teddy bear. I begin to freak out, but calm and looking at the tattoos I see it is Jake. Thank goodness.

This is nice