She went out of the room, taking a last glance about it. She would come back to this room again after she finds Alexis.

She ran down the stairs, trying to catch up with the bimbos.

“Excuse me!” she panted at them.

“Oh? Why are you here? Did you take the books?”

“No!” she said, “Just tell me...do you know any of her friends?”

They shook their heads, “Not our type. They were the Out-crowd. They crowd you belong to,” said one.

Dana frowned. Was that an insult? She glanced back at them. They walked ahead, looking oblivious. Maybe they didn’t mean any harm. She tried again.

“Is your family not doing anything to find her?”

They shrugged. “Mom is too busy at the moment,” said one.

“And we can’t be bothered with her,” said another, “I really didn’t like her you know,’ she added, wrinkling her nose.

“Yeah, she was too weird. Wore jeans and shirts the whole time, didn’t give a damn of how she looked like…but her brother-”

“Oooh!! Her brother!” interrupted Bimbo One rapturously.
“He was the total opposite…charming, handsome…”

"A pity he died before I went to high school,” said the other.

Dana gaped at them. They sure can talk! “Uh…”

“Hey! I called dibs first Courtney!!”

“Pris! You are younger than me so-!”

Dana hurriedly went away from them. How dumb can they get? This brother was dead!!! How can they fight over a dead guy? She rolled her eyes. She went to the restaurant and munched the muffins thoughtfully. She had to start somewhere. She had to find someone who cared about Alexis. But she didn’t know anyone…

The restaurant door opened with a bang.

“COURTNEY!!!”

Dana jumped and looked around wildly.

There, framed by the door was a blonde. A real honey blonde. Not the artificial kind. And she looked very angry. She watched the girl storm in and grab a bimbo into a headlock.

“What do I hear about giving up on Alex??!!!” she yelled.

“Courtney!!!” shrieked her sister.

The customers stared.

“TALK NOW OR I'LL HIT YOU!!” yelled honey-blonde girl.

Dana tried to intervene. Much as she disliked the bimbos it was a life they were talking about.

“Uh…guys,” she said, but her voice was a squeak. She cleared her throat. “GUYS!!” she yelled, standing up. The stool she was sitting on fell to the floor with a bang.

They looked at her.

And suddenly Dana was in the spotlight. She swallowed nervously. “Why don’t you let her go?” she gestured to honey-blonde girl.

“Why should I?” she pouted.

“How is she supposed to talk in that position?” countered Dana.

“Oh.” She abruptly let go of the bimbo. Bimbo stumbled forward.

“I forgot,” the girl said sheepishly. Then she turned to the bimbo on the floor.

“Well?”

The younger sister, Pris glared. “Well what?”

Honey-blonde started towards them. Pris squeaked and backed away.

“Who are you?” they asked terrified at the murderous expression on the honey-blonde’s face.

“Mia,” she said shortly.

“MIA?!” they shrieked again.

“Alexis’s best friend???” asked Courtney.

Dana had enough of the dramatics.

“Are you Alexis Turner’s friend?” she asked from Mia nervously.

“Yes,” the girl replied, “Who are you?”

Dana smiled. “I need your help,” she said and dragged the girl out of the shop, throwing some bills on the table.

“Thank you for your service!” she yelled to the Bimbos.

Finally she found someone. Now all she had to do was make a plan.

If you are wondering who the hell Dana is, she is the sister of the kid who was crying in the store at the robbery. The girl who seemed to read books in Alexis's opinion.

~Daisy