• Dead To Me •

{ f i f t e e n }

"We are gathered here today to celebrate the life of Anthony Blake Perry. He was cherished by his big brother Tony and his mother Claudia. He will be missed, but not forgotten. If I may ask. Is Tony here?" My grandma asked as she looked around.

A tear rolled down my cheek as I stood up and walked towards her. When getting up to the podium her eyes were filled with tears. She hugged me and kissed my cheek.

"um ... I'm Tony. I'm Anthony's big brother and to be completely honest... He was my best friend . He's probably the only person who understood me. I'm going to miss him a lot. Please don't forget me Anthony. And I won't forget you." I said. Tears were in my eyes and I could barely speak.

My breathing sped up and I got really dizzy. I felt sweat going down my forehead. The dizziness got worse and I could barely walk. I felt a pair of arms grab my torso and carry to my seat. I looked behind me and saw my grandpas teary face.

He put his arms over my shoulders and hugged me tightly.

After the funeral, we went to the cemetery to say our final goodbyes before they buried him under. The started to lower his casket into the ground as I kissed his casket and laid a white rose on the door.

After they buried him, everyone put down flowers and went home. I stayed until night. I stayed by his tombstone and talked to him until I couldn't think of anything else.

I walked home and laid in my bed until my mom came in. "Mijo you should eat something." She whispered as she rubbed my arm.

"I-I'm not hungry mom." I whispered back as I dug myself more into the covers.

"Please. For Anthony?" She whispered. Tears built in my eyes and I sighed.

"Fine." I replied back.

**

I laid in my bed staring at the ceiling fan circling over and over. I can't believe that I lost my brother. And then I realized that today is Friday.

Today my little brothers favorite show was on, and it was the season finale of the final season. He's been waiting four months and I ruined it.

I turned on the television and turned it to the channel it was on. There was only ten minutes left and the main character already left.

I couldn't do it. The television turned off and I put my face in my pillow. "I can't take this anymore." I muttered to myself.

After a while. I fell asleep and I didn't want to wake up anymore.