Chapter 16

Shio POV

I closed my eyes and heard Sora rely to my statement. I smiled and went into a deep sleep.

~~DREAM~~

I opened my eyes to only see a familiar scenery.

"Ah...I'm here again... The in-between."

I noticed a person walking towards me wearing black clothing and waved at me.

"Shiro...? Wait, I can't go rather I don't want to go..." I said panicking.

"SHIO!!" I heard a voice as I tried to escape but couldn't because apparently my legs are defying me. (T_T)

Shiro came and hugged me tightly. "You came thank goodness. Now I won't get scolded by Kuro for once in my life." He said being so thankful to my presence.

I sighed and said, "Kuro will still scold you either way you know."

"That's correct." A deep voice from behind me said with agreement."

"K-Kuro?" Shiro said with a terrified tone and letting go of me.

"You should know that you are not supposed to hug the princess like that." Kuro said scolding Shiro.

"Not the word 'princess' please." I said sitting there playing with the little spirits of the in-between.

"I understand, Shio-sama." Kuro said making sure I heard the '-sama' part of his sentence.

"...Anyway, can't I go back? Sora and Aki aren't here with me." I feeling sad.

"You can not go back because Kami-sama is calling for you." Kuro said.

"Can't you get someone else to go instead of me?" I replied.

"He is calling for you and only you Shio-sama." Kuro said with a blank expression, but angry eyes.
"...Fine..." Shio said quietly pouting.

Throughout the time she was inside her dream with Kami-sama she was pouting and stressed...

~~Dream End~~

I jolted my eyes opened as I noticed that class has ended already.

"Well,...I'm not going back to sleep again tonight, because I definitely do not want to go back there." I whispered to myself as I noticed a pair of eyes towards me with the presence of a Kuran pureblood vampire.

'Kuran Kaname.' I thought.

Through his stare I felt anger, hatred and disgust, but it was not towards me.

"Shio...," I heard a voice said ", you woke up?"

I looked down to see Sora whose head was on the desk and tilted upwards to look at me.

'Sora...' I thought.

Sora POV

I noticed that Shio had woken up and was sitting still as I sensed a glare towards me and Shio.

"Shio..." I said softly ", you woke up?"

Shio looked at me and then smiled .

"Sora we should go back to the dorms now, class is over." Shio said sweetly.

"Okay, but we should try to wake up Aki before going." I said pointing at Aki who was sleeping soundly behind me.

Third POV

After the trouble of waking Aki up the three siblings walked towards the door behind some other students. Suddenly they noticed a presence of a Level E vampire, but it was faint,
"This presence... isn't Zero's... thank goodness..." Shio thought as she stopped walking looking outside the window.

Using her powers she 'saw' that it seemed to be heading towards Cross Academy's gates. She looked at Sora and Aki and they smiled at her. Sora gave her a black feather and Aki gave her a dagger.

Kaname who was standing outside the door saw this and was boiling inside while he couldn't sense the clever little Level E vampire that is racing towards the Academy.