"What?" I asked, forcing him to look at me. 

He shook his head, his eyes flashing back to normal. "Nothing. I was just, uh, thinking about something." 

I sighed, but let it go. He'd tell me sooner or later. 

"What did your dad tell you?" 

I frowned, taking his hand in mine and leading him upstairs. "He basically yelled at me for missing dinner and scaring everyone. Then told me about some of the new far guards I'd have because of the hunter threat." He gripped my hand tighter. I squeezed back, trying to let him know that I was going to  be fine. He was so damn worried about me all the time. "I asked him if you could move into a different room," I said. He raised his eyebrows in excitement. "He said no." I watched his face fall. 

I laughed, poking his ribs. "But that's okay, because you can still sneak into my room later and sleep with me?" I asked, looking up at him with my best angelic face. 

He chuckled and placed a kiss on my temple as he swung his arm around my shoulder. "How could I say no to that?" he replied. 

************

School was same old, same old. Boring teachers and boring classes I just couldn't seem to be interested in. By lunch, I was exhausted. 

Grabbing a pizza and water, I paid for my meal and looked for a place to sit. I saw Savannah sitting by herself, so I dropped my tray next to her loudly and sat down. She jumped, but relaxed when she saw it was me. 

"God, you scared me," she said. She was wearing grey jeans and a ripped sweater. She was sucking on a cherry lollipop, staining her lips a bright red. She handed out a bag to me. "Want one?" 

I took a watermelon one and unwrapped the paper, popping it into my mouth. "Thanks!" I smiled. "So, hows everything?" 

She scowled. "Isabel and Jessie are annoying. But the pack house is nicer than I thought It'd be." I grinned. "I just wish my room wasn't so close to Isabel's. I could hear her and Adrian's activities all night." She yawned. 

I burst out laughing. She raised an eyebrow at me, only making me laugh harder. 

"It's not funny!" she whined, "I barely got three hours of sleep last night!" 

"What's so funny?" I heard someone breath into my ear. My heart skipped a beat. Connor. I turned around in my chair to find him carrying his own tray of pizza, along with a can of Pepsi. His green eyes were alight and... happy. I could see the flecks of gold in them, making me smile. I kissed his cheek, and he sat down next to me. 

"Adrian's a piece of shit, that's what," Savannah muttered. She picked at her food with disgust. "I don't know what my cousin sees in him." 

I hit her shoulder. "Hey, grumpy, that's my best friend! And it's more like we don't know what Adrian sees in her, no offense." Savannah shrugged and popped in another lollipop. The girl was seriously addicted. 

"Hey," Connor said, twirling a piece of my hair with his fingers. I turned to look at him. The happiness was still there, which made me smile. 

"Hi," I breathed, mesmerized by him. He really was gorgeous. "What's got you so happy?" 

The corners of his mouth turned up, and my heart soared. "I thought maybe we could do something tonight? You know, get out of the pack house?" 

I grinned so hard I thought my cheeks would fall off. "You mean like a date?" 

He chuckled and kissed me once lightly. "Yeah, a date." 

"Sounds perfect." I was already making a mental list of my closet for outfits I could wear. His eyes lit up even more and he looked painfully beautiful. He was perfect. 

"Uh, I hate to break up this love fest," Savannah whispered. "But Adrian and Isabel are coming towards us, and I really don't feel like watching them go at it." 

I snorted a laugh and waved to Adrian. He had his arm slung around Isabel's shoulder, walking toward us with confidence. All the girls around him were glaring at Isabel jealously while they made their way over. Adrian's face was relaxed with a lazy, comfortable smile. He really looked happy. 

"Hey guys," he said when he reached our table. Isabel gave us all a megawatt smile, then eyeing everyone watching us with smug content. It made me uncomfortable, but Adrian didn't seem to notice. His eyes were trained on Savannah, raising an eyebrow as she sucked on her lollipop. 

"Why are you addicted to candy?" He asked. She wrapped it up and set it aside. 

"Not candy. Just lollies," she replied. "Why are you addicted to sex?" 

I couldn't help myself, I started laughing. So did Connor, and we sat there giggling to each other like assholes. It only made us laugh harder. 

"Sav!" Isabel hissed as Adrian's smile grew. 

"I can't help myself," he said, and Savannah scoffed. 

"That is so disgusting," she replied. She turned to me, an emotion in her eyes I couldn't quite understand. "I'm leaving, Kiara. I'll see you later." 

She stood up and grabbed her bag, slinging it over her shoulder. But it got caught on the edge of the table, and she went flying. I stood up as fast as I can to help her, but I wasn't quick enough. Adrian, however, was. He was standing right there as she fell, and he grabbed her arm to stop her from falling on her face. He pulled her upright and they both stood still for a moment. 

It was silent, but I couldn't understand why. I couldn't see Savannah's face, but Adrian was staring at her with confusion and lust and... anger? I didn't get it. 

Isabel seemed to notice something weird, and pulled on Adrian's hand. "C'mon, baby," she whined. She pulled him away from us, but he didn't look away the whole time. He was walking backwards, still staring, until Isabel pulled him around the corner and out of the cafeteria. 

"That was... weird," Connor finally said. Savannah was still standing in the same place, her bag grazing the floor and dangling from her fingers. I stood up, snapping in her face. 

"Helloo? Savannah?" I called. She snapped out of it, her eyes becoming wide with something I could only recognize as fear. 

"Holy shit," she finally said. "Shit, holy shit." 

"What?" I questioned. I gave Connor a wary look from the corner of my eye. He shrugged, and took a bite of his pizza. 

"Kiara, he's my mate," she finally said with a dazed look on her face. She was clutching her arm where he had touched. "Adrian's my mate."

Well, things just got a whole lot more interesting around here.

_____________________________________________________________________

OOOOHHH SHIIIIIIT!!

First of all, HI LOVES! Missed you a lot!! I can't believe it's been so long, I'm really sorry about that and please don't hate me :)

Thank you to all who have continued to message me and comment and just keep up with my story in general. It really means a lot and you're the reason I get inspired!! 

Anyways, what do you think? SAVANNAH AND ADRIAN ARE MATES AHAHAHAH I literally couldn't wait to write that, I've been planning it for a while. How will Adrian react? Will he break up with Isabel (finally, lol)? What will happen on Connor and Kiara's date?? What is Connor going to do about this hunter situation??? 

Keep being you and don't forget to Read/Vote/Comment and most of all, enjoy :)