"Actually, there's two. You have to count Saturday, duh." I inform him, walking over to my bathroom. He starts to follow.

            "No, you don't count today. We've talked about this countless times, Carson." He tells me exasperatingly as we reach the door to my bathroom.

            I turn and give him a pointed look, pushing him away from the door. "You do count today, you're the one doing it wrong. Now leave me alone! I have to change!"

            Griffyn frowns, "I was hoping to distract you with my compelling words and you'd let me in without noticing."

            I let out a laugh and shake my head, amused. "Nice try, but no."

            He sighs, but walks back into my room and I shut the door. I change quickly, coming out as soon as I can. I find him standing and looking at my mirror. My heart skips a beat, "What are you doing?"

            "Looking," he says. He points to the picture I ripped in half yesterday, "What happened to this picture?"

            I scurry to come up with a lie, "I went to take it out the other day and it ripped in half

            I scurry to come up with a lie, "I went to take it out the other day and it ripped in half." I can't look at him as I say this. He narrows his eyes in suspicion but doesn't say anything. I remember what he said last night about how he can tell when I'm lying and force myself to remain stoic and not give anything away.

            "Well, Wes texted me. He's out front with my baseball bag. We have practice in less than a half hour, so I should probably head out." I let out a sigh of relief when he leaves the subject alone.

            "Okay

            "Okay." He hugs me before heading out of my room. I don't move and listen closely until I hear the front door shut before sinking into my desk chair and putting my head in my hands. I'm still in the same position when Carolina calls my name from somewhere downstairs.

            "Up here!" I call back. Seconds later she's standing in my doorway.

            She hesitates before entering and just stands awkwardly in the center of my room. "Hey... I want to... apologize. For yesterday, I mean."