Chapter Ten

Thomas held Jay in his arms tightly, his jaw clenching as he surveyed the Crank filled room. Suddenly, a door on the side wall opened and revealed a woman with short black hair.

She walked through the Cranks with ease and Thomas couldn't help but feel a little on edge. His arms tightened around her as she reached them and he positioned himself in front of Jay slightly.

"Who are you?" The girl folded her arms and regarded the rag-tag group of explorers. Jay stepped around Thomas, putting a hand on his shoulder to keep him from objecting. "I'm Jay. This is my boyfriend Thomas. That's Minho, Newt, Winston, and Frypan. We're looking for the Safe Haven."

Brenda raised an eyebrow and nodded. "Follow me." Taking Thomas' hand, Jay followed her and weaved through the maze of Cranks with the boys following behind. There were many complaints from Minho saying that 'he was fine' so they let him walk, keeping a close eye on him.

It wasn't long before they climbed up a flight of stairs that led to an office full of knick-knacks and equipment, a man sitting in one of the recliners scattered around the room. Jay watched as the chair turned, revealing the man seated on it. Jay spotted a suspicious looking slip on the table, but was interrupted from thought when the stranger spoke. "I suspect these are our new guests?" The man asked in a thick, Spanish accent. Brenda nodded, standing to the side to let the man survey the intruders. "My name is Jorge. What brings you to my humble abode?"

"We were wondering if you knew where the safe haven was." Jay answered, Thomas' hand brushing against her own so she knew he was near. "Safe Haven? I-" A console on Jorge's table beeped, interrupting his current thought. A devilish smile spread across his lips as he looked back up at the group. "Well, well, well. Escaped tests from a science facility, no?"

"We'll take you with us!" Thomas burst forth, determined to keeping everyone safe and out of Janson and Paige's clutches. "We'll take you with us to the safe haven. WKCD is trying to destroy the only hope for everyone i this group. Can't you give us a chance?"

There was silence before Jorge spoke again.

"Money speaks more than words. Andale! Metanlos en la torre!" (1) Jorge bellowed, everyone being grabbed and pulled away towards another small room, this one with an abyss at the bottom and ropes for the prisoners.

Newt was strung up first, followed by Minho and the others until Jay and Thomas were the only ones left.

"Helicopter ETA is five minutes, sir." One of the guards said, Jorge watching the teens getting strung up. "Excellent. Open the comm for Janson."

As they strung up Thomas, Jay started to put up an even bigger fight as they dragged her to the ropes. "No!" She whirled around, wrenching her arm free to punch one of the guards.

She took him down, getting the other as the boys hooted and yelled. But Thomas knew there was something amiss. "Jay! Wait!"

Exasperated, Jorge drew his gun and fired two shots.

They both found home.

~

*wink wonk*
SORrY iTs shOrt bOos
I just wanted to conjure up a quick thing😋
Eheheheh..

What shall happen?

Share!
Comment!
Vote!
Ily guys! ❣