Chapter Four

Jay cried out in pain as someone tugged her roughly to land on her back on the hard linoleum floor. She coughed, looking up at the face of Ratman.

"Well, well, well. Look at what the cat dragged in. Is anyone else here." He narrowed his eyes and Jay's eyes quickly glanced at Arris before shaking her head. "No..I'm alone."

"Good. You have potential. The doctor said so. We'll love to have you in our collection." He smirked and guards came in. They picked her up by her arms and dragged her out.

She didn't fight. She did what had to be done. Jay saved Thomas.

Arris remained silent until everyone was out and then quickly crawled towards Jay's room.

Thomas smiled as he crawled into Jay's room. "Hey J-." One of the pillows that were used to shape her body fell out from under the blanket. His smile dropped.

Arris crawled into the room quickly. "Thomas! I can explain-" He was cut off as Thomas picked him up by the collar and slammed him against the wall. "Where is she. Where's is Jay? What did you do?" He growled, eyes aflame with fury.

"S-She was caught by Janson when she went to write her name on th-e list to find out what was in the room!" He answered in a rush.

It felt like the world stopped.

Arris fell from Thomas' clutches as Thomas stared forward blankly, his throat drying up.

Without another word, Thomas climbed into the vents rapidly towards his room. He kicked in the vent leading into the dorm and crawled inside.

Newt groaned at the loud clanging noise. "Thomaaaaaas...If you brought Jay in here, I want to ask you two to take it elsewhere." Thomas' cheeks heated up and he was glad that the darkness shrouded him.

"Jay's gone." The moment Thomas uttered those words, Newt sat up with a start. He ended up hitting his head against a pipe on the ceiling. "Bloody h- What do you mean gone, Thomas?!"

His exclamation made the rest of the Gladers rouse to an awakening.

"Why am I always interrupted by you two shanks? At least its an interesting reason now..." Minho grumbled from his solitary bunk.

"I mean gone as in 'Janson probably took her' gone." Thomas punched the wall, not caring as blood ran down his split knuckles.

"What?!" Newt bounded towards him but still kept a safe distance.

"We need to go in and find her. Meaning, we need one of those key cards." He looked over at Newt, narrowing his eyes in determination.

"You are shucking insane." Minho groaned from his bunk and sat up.

'Insanely in love', Thomas thought. "Are you guys helping me or not?"

Newt spoke up immediately. "Jay is family. We need to get her back. No one gets left behind." Thomas' heart wrenched as a flash of Chuck appeared in his mind.

At least Chuck wouldn't have to deal with this equally horrid WKCD world.

Thomas only hoped he found Jay before it was too late.