Chapter 12: Tyler

Tyler and I drive around for hours. He is making sure it's safe for us to get out and no one is following us, ready to shoot. We arrive at a big grey-bricked house with a red door. He parks the car in the driveway and steps out onto the pavement. I sit there for a moment, confused. He comes over to my side of the car and opens the door for me.

"This is my house." He says, chuckling, probably at the expression on my face. I wouldn't normally go home with a stranger, and too be honest, this is out of character for me. But the hotel is probably not safe for me to be in by myself right now, and it's nice to actually be in a house for once. It has been months since I last stepped foot in a house.

We walk up the porch steps and he opens the door, ushering me to go in first. He flicks on the light and I am met with a double staircase on the middle and hallways on either side of it. The floor is a white marble, the walls a light grey. I walk slowly through the hallway on the left side, entering into the huge kitchen. The cupboards are a dark brown wood, counter tops white granite. The backsplash a mixture of beige, white and black, and a big rectangular island sitting in the middle with wooden stools. I look to the left and there is a dark brown table and chairs. Next to the table there are two glass doors. I walk over to them, looking through the crystalline glass, finding a large, wrap-arounf deck attached to a huge pool with a hot tub.

"Wow." I say to myself. He walks up next to me, putting his hand on the door frame.

He must've heard me because he responds. "I know right." He looks onto the backyard, seemingly in admiration. I open the door and step out into the evening air and walk to the pool to get a closer look. I remember Joey and I playing in the pool together, not even 3 months ago. All of a sudden it starts pouring rain. I waddle inside the house and Tyler leads me up the stairs to what I'm assuming is a guest room. It has light blue walls, a big closet and a queen sized bed. I walked slowly over to the closet and opened it. To my surprise, there were clothes already in there.

"You fell asleep in the car so I called the maid to get her to buy some clothes for you. I hope they're the right size. I told her that you were pregnant so..." Ty says, trailing off. I nod my head and look at the clothes. This maid did a pretty good job.

"Thank you, Tyler. " I say with a smile. He places a towel on my bed.

"This is for you if you want a shower, the bathroom is through that door." He points to a door at the other side of the room, next to the large windows. He leaves me alone in the room, closing the door as he goes. I grab the towel and go into the bathroom. The bathroom is quite big, just like the rest of the house. I pull back the shower curtain and started running myself a hot shower. I change into something more comfortable and go downstairs, going to the right hallway this time. I come up to a living room with dark leather couches. Tyler sits in one of the chairs in the corner and is reclined back, watching something on the TV. I sit down on the couch across from him and watch the show, but don't really pay attention to it. I can feel myself getting sleepy and drift off to sleep.

I am running through a dark alley with Tyler. Gun shots fire behind us. As we are running, I start falling behind and hurry to try to catch up, but I trip and fall on the gravelly ground. My hands and knees begin bleeding from being scraped along the ground.

"Ty!" I yell after him. He keeps running, leaving me behind. Something grabs onto my leg and stops me from moving any further forward. I look down at my leg to find a hand pulling on me. I can't see who it is because a dense fog surrounds me. I pulled on the hand the person comes closer. It's Joey. He is covered in dirt and has multiple bullet wounds on his chest. He smells disgusting. Like death. He must've been buried. I start shaking.

"Joey?" I ask, feeling simultaneously disgusted and confused. He grunts at me, bearing his teeth like a wild animal. He switches from grabbing my leg to grabbing my wrist. He grips it so hard that my hand turns purple. I try to escape his grasp, but he grips it tighter. He brings my arm up to his mouth and started eating my arm, tearing into my flesh, like a zombie. I try to scream but nothing comes out; nobody hears me or comes to my rescue.