Chapter 9: The Plan

Joey's POV

I pick up the phone and dial my dads number, and after the phone rings for a while, a butler or something picks up the phone, "Mr. Dilton's residence." He says.

"Put my dad on the phone." I say quickly and monotonously. After waiting a couple seconds, I hear a commotion on the other end of the line, then my dad answers.

"Hello?" His voice says through the speaker. I hand the phone to Liza and she grabs it.

She starts pacing around the room. "It's Liza. I have some questions for you." 

My father's muffled voice comes through the phone again, but I can barely hear him. I assume he asks her what she wants to know because she continues on with her questions.

"Well, for starters, what's Liovard's full name?" She asks. There's silence. 

"I'm not really supposed to share this information but, for my son and daughter in law, I suppose I can. It's Liovard Julia Malicourish." Liza scrunches up her face in confusion and then starts to chuckle.

"His middle name is Julia? Are you serious?" Liza quickly shakes her head and gets back into focus. "Anyways, I have another question; why does Liovard have a custom made dagger with his initials engraved into it?"

"How do you know about the daggers?" Dad asks.

She sighs and replies, "We found the priest that married Joey and I murdered with one of those daggers plunged into his mouth, in the church."

There's a long pause and I can't tell what's going on, so I tell Liza to take this time to tell him about her dream and that we saw that same guy today. 

Liza talks to him for a while, explaining her dream and that she thinks that it's connected, but she doesn't know how. Finally, after a long time of me sitting around waiting for Liza to finish the story, she stops and listens to what my dad has to say.

"The man you saw in your dream and at the cafe is one of Liovard's hitmen and spies he sends out to keep an eye on his enemies. I bet he was just scouting you out and trying to send you a message that Liovard hasn't forgotten about you."

It makes quite a bit of sense. But its still creepy and gives me a weird feeling that we are being watched and followed all the time. I don't like it and I know neither does Liza. 

After saying goodbye, she hangs up the phone and places it back where it belongs. She looks at me with a stressed expression and huffs out a big breath. 

"We need to figure out a way to get the money." We say at the exact same time. 

She half smiles. "I know its not what we want to do, Jo, but I think we need to..." She starts whispering her idea into my ear, to which I nod my head grudgingly. She's right. This is the only way. 

I take the paper and pen off of the hotel desk and we continue planning.