14. The Unfortunate Truth

You guys! 28K reads! I am beyond overwhelmed, I actually cannot believe it. Thank you so much! I am ever so sorry that It has taken me this long to update, I have been extremely ill and I have had to deal with a lot these past few months. I have just spent a few hours going over the whole book and making some slight changes as I started writing this a long time ago, and to be completely honest I have matured a lot in my writing and I myself even cringe at what I wrote. So I do hope to make this book realistic and not so cliche and stereotypical. Thank you so much again, you wonderful people. Enjoy.

---------------------------------------

Lily's POV

The cool air dances on my face, tickling every pore. My eyes close and bask in the cool atmosphere. It's really early, but I struggled to sleep last night, so I decided to catch the best of the beautiful sun rise. I feel so relaxed, my body is drunk of the beautiful surroundings - I love it.

Jason, is still upstairs lying on the ground where we slept. I am still in absolute shock about everything that's happened, every morning since that day, I wake up feeling stranger and more lost than the day before.

My eyes flutter, bringing me back to my cruel and unfair reality. I hear footsteps behind me, causing me to be alarmed.

'It's only me', a croaky voiced Jason appears.

'Morning', I say as I turn back around to watch the sun rise.

'I panicked for a second, I thought something happened to you', he shakes away a yawn.

'Sorry, I didn't want to wake you up after you drove that long', I reply.

'Don't worry about me', He states.

'Well don't worry about me either', I grin.

'Shut up', he says playfully.

'I keep getting texts from my friends, what do I say?', I ask whilst peering at my dying phone.

'Look, I know your friends have nothing to do with this but I'd take out your sim', he looks at me.

'Yeah, you're right...', I say placing the phone in my back pocket, after removing the sim.

My mind focuses on what could happen and who can be after me. I shouldn't be dwelling on it but I can't exactly ignore this whole thing either.

'What are you thinking about?', he asks reading my facial expression.

'I- I'm just scared, I guess. Confused', I look down at the ground.

'Don't be, I wont let anything happen to you Lily, I promise', he slicks back his hair.

'You can't promise that', I say.

'Well I am adamant I won't and that's equally as powerful as a promise', he nibbles at his cheek. I see him slightly rotate himself and he hisses in pain.

'Oh god, you're bleeding', I say in shock looking at the seeping red liquid leaking from his arm.

'It's nothing, I'll be okay', he says full of strength but that was evidently a lie.

'That's not alright, what the hell did they do to you?!', I grow anxious and lead him to a step to sit down.

'It all happened so fast, before I ran off they stabbed me with something', he slips his t-shirt sleeve up, exposing the wound.

'Oh my god, Jason', I begin to freak out. It was a deep wound, it's deep hole-like structure dark with redness and blood.

'I'll be okay, trust me', he says preparing to roll the sleeve back down.