Thirteen.

As it turns out, even among supernaturals, I am a certified freak. Jackson explained that, when he got home last night, he woke everyone up. Told them what had happened. They had searched every book in the house, tore through every journal written by every hunter ever born but were not able to locate one single entry about a supernatural with the ability to project electricity on their skin. Max had noted an entry from a journal over a thousand years old about a creature that could mask their energy, making it appear pure, but there was nothing anywhere about any being that gave off unrecognizable energy.

Well, that explains why Gabriel looked at me the way he did. He had been against me coming to the house in the first place. For all he knew I was the anti-Christ, sent here to kill them all in their sleep. Hell, for all I know I AM the anti-Christ. Either way the fact remains: I, Omera Vita, am a freak among freaks.

"Say...something," Jackson pleads. I think I have him worried. It may be because I haven't said a word since he announced that I am a new brand of freak. There isn't really much to say. Three days ago I was the weird girl who 'liked to cut herself' and now I am the weird girl who is an unidentifiable creature of unknown origins.

"Are there anymore donuts left?" It is the first thing that comes to my mind. I am tired of sitting here, trying to figure out how to process this. So I won't. It is what it is. I am some kinda of unnatural thing and there is nothing I can do about it.

"Seriously?" he gapes, "I tell you that you are a supernatural creature with the ability to block out every other creatures energy and you ask about donuts? Did you hit your head before you came over here or something?"

"What do you want me to do Jackson?" I shout, jumping to my feet and throwing my arms out widely, "Do you want me to break down and cry? I'm done with all that. I have spent my whole life feeling out of place at all times and it turns out it is because I am not actually human. This whole thing changes nothing! My parents are still dead, only now it may be my fault that it happened. I'm not going to lay around here all day moaning and whining about something that literally has no affect on my life. I don't know why I thought coming here would fix anything. I don't know why I came here at all."

"Omera-" Jackson begins to back away from me. I pay him no attention. All the rage I have been holding inside for all these years has slowly begun to seep out.

"Don't 'Omera' me. This was a complete waste of my time. All you did today was manage to inform me that I am the reason my whole family was murdered. That I-"

The doors to the study swing open, nearly flying off their hinges. Liam and Gabriel burst into the room, Max in tow. They stop, looking from me to Jackson and then back to me. What the hell are they staring at?

"I told you this was a bad idea," Gabriel states, pointing a finger at me, "Look at her Jax!"

I never felt it this time. Never felt the slow creeping tingles on my skin. Never felt the soft pull in my chest telling me to calm down. I was so distracted with my rant that I never even noticed that the room had begun to smell of burnt ozone. That my skin had erupted into electricity.

"Wow," I hear Max say from behind the other two. He peeks around his brother, eyes wide in wonder. "Freaky. She looks like one of those taser night sticks from that stupid show you watch. Liam, doesn't she look like one of those things from that show?"

Max shoves Liam out of the way, easing himself closer towards me. He hold his hand out in front of him, like you would to a bonfire on a cold night.

"Can you guys feel that?" he asks, throwing a glance behind him, "Tell me you feel that. Jesus Christ, this is amazing. She's like a friggin amplifier. I can feel the left over energy from that demon you killed last night Gabe. Clear as day. Didn't you bleach it? I shouldn't be able to feel it but I do. Guys, quit looking at me like I'm a wack job and tell me you feel it."

"Yea I feel it," Gabriel answers harshly, "I still don't like it. There is something not right about her. Something is off. Don't get too close Max, you don't know if she's dangerou-"

Max disregards Gabriel's warning, reaching his fingers towards the currents. I jerk back, but not fast enough. His fingers make contact with the electricity. I watch him jolt back, jerking violently for a moment before crumbling to the ground.

"Max!" Liam yells, rushing to his brothers side. He is still breathing but his eyes don't move. He lays sprawled out on the floor, unconscious.

"I'm sorry," I stutter, backing away from the boys. Gabriel glares at me, his eyes staring daggers into mine. "I didn't mean to. It was an accident. Is he okay?"

"Stay away from him," Gabriel warns. I see Max's eyes flutter as he slowly wakes up. My hands fly to my face, the ringing in my ears now growing louder. It is worse than before, screeching through my head like a banshee. I drop to my knees, biting back the scream threatening to erupt from my mouth. My head hurts so bad. The ringing won't stop. I just need to calm down. If I can calm down then this will all stop.

"I've got you." My eyes find Jackson's, their color illuminated in the same way they were last night when this happened. His hands smooth over my face, tucking strands of hair behind my ears. He pulls me close, pressing my body tightly against his.

"I've got you," he repeats, whispering the words in my ear, "Max is going to be fine. Just a little dazed. He's a tough kid. No one here thinks you did it on purpose. I need you to calm down."

He pulls away, placing my face between his hands. His thumb glides over my jaw in soft stroking motions. I feel my skin heat under his touch, traveling lower. Not the heat from last night, the one threatening to burn me alive, but a new feeling. One I have felt before, in the back of a truck, but never felt this intensely.

I close my eyes, pressing my forehead against his. I can feel his breath, cool against my lips. They are so close. I could do it. Close the space between us. My heat continues to travel sound as my mind replays our kiss from last night.

"There you go," he says, releasing me. The ringing is gone, along with the currents. Jackson stands up, turning towards a wide mouthed Gabriel and Liam. Even Max looks stunned, but that might be from the whole being electrocuted thing.

"Freaky," Max mouths.