IV ~ Fear, Pain, Abyss

Goal for next chapter- 7 votes
~
*Skylars POV*

You know that feeling you get when you're either home alone or its late at night and you hear a noise that you can't explain. The brief moment you feel like your heart stops beating but then without hesitation it feels like it's going to thump right out of your chest and your breath catches as you intake the thick air that surrounds you.

Your body freezes up and your blood runs cold, you're unable to move or think clearly. All sorts of thoughts come rushing into your mind, all usually negative "Is there someone in my house?" "Is it a ghost?" and the main one "Am I going to die?"

All this happens in just a few short seconds but to you it feels like a life time and this is exactly what I'm going through right now. The thought of dying isn't just a thought, it's something that's about to be my reality. I've always believed that when and how you die is already pre-determined, you can't change destiny and my destiny is to die to the claws of a terrifying creature.

The blood red eyes haven't left me once, there sizing me up planning how they are going to carry out the kill. I try to turn around and run or even just scream in hopes of someone hearing me, but nothing happens. I open my mouth and nothing comes out, I try to move my feet but they feel like there glued to the forest floor.

I'm immobilized, why must my body betray me when I need it most. Slowly the creature slyly walks towards me more, emitting low growls every time I try to do anything. It wasn't until the moon shone down on the creature did I realise what it was, a massive grey and brown wolf stood there with its head hung low.

Finally my fight or flight adrenaline kicked in and before I could process anything my legs were carrying me away from the danger as fast as they could go, I could hear the thundering footsteps from the wolf following close behind. I probably only got a few metres before I feel about 4 knives stab right into the top of my back dragging all the way down ending just above my butt, my legs gave out from the force and the pain. It wasn't until I looked back at the wolf and saw his claws covered in blood that I realised it was my blood, it wasn't knives that cut me it was his sharp claws.

It was unbearable, I've never felt so much pain in my life, and it feels like someone has poured vinegar all over the fresh cuts. I can literally feel the blood pour out of my back, I know I won't be alive much longer, no human can survive from losing so much blood. The world starts the fade away from me, my eyes going in and out of focus, with all the energy my body has left I let out the loudest scream I could before the wolf pounced on top of me.

Pinning me to the ground and knocking all the remaining air out of my lungs. Growling it places its teeth around my neck, going in for the death bite, all hope is lost, my life ends right here, right now. I squeeze my eyes closed preparing to be put out of my misery, but it never comes, instead I hear a deep growl that sends shivers up my skin leaving me covered in goose bumps.

The heavy weight of the wolf pressing down on my chest is quickly knocked off me only leaving a trail of swirling wind. I attempt to open my eyes to see my saviour, but even when my eyes are open the whole worlds a blur. In what seems like the distance I can see flashes of black, white, brown and grey, I know the brown and grey belongs the that wolf but who's my saviour.

I try to intake the air hoping to catch a scent, but everything seems so mixed up, I can smell blood and more blood but there is a hint of something else. I get ready to take my final breath and that's when I smell it, I smell the scent I had grown so fond of. I smell my wolf.

"Ryder?" I whisper before the whole world slips from underneath me, leaving me to plummet into the abyss.
~
~
*(Ryders) POV*

Leaving her was the hardest thing I would ever have to do, but it had to be done. The pack started to grow suspicious of my disappearance, no one knew where I went, the rumour went around that I couldn't handle pack duties so I left.