|| Chapter 9 ||

And I thought I saw you out there crying
And I thought I heard you call my name
And I thought I heard you out there crying
But are we all lost stars trying to light up the dark?
Are we all lost stars trying to light up the dark?

I didn't know where I was...Maybe somewhere in-between. An open world of visions and black and white. Was this death? Was it your own world replaying your whole life even if you didn't remember? I didn't feel anything, my body felt cold and empty. I looked down to see my shirt untouched and no blood or anything. The air around me felt warm, while I was cold inside.

It was like I could see all my memories.

There was me as a child running around a park with Thomas...

There was Thomas and me as our older selves...Having fun. And Newt...and another girl.

I saw us four running around some city...A park...Having fun...Having adventures all over...And working at the facility...The day Newt was chosen for the experiment and testing. I was crying and Newt and I just held onto each other and spent the whole day side by side until they took him away...But I had a part in it from what I saw in my other visions...I helped put him here.

 I saw the last time we said 'I love you' and kissed each other for the last time...I held his hand and told him it would be okay. He looked right into my eyes. I told him not to worry that we would see each other again, right before he was put in the water capsule. It broke my heart, my mind...But I had to keep working, I had to move on because it was my job, what I had spent the majority of my life training to do.

"Come." I heard a voice echo through the area. I looked around still seeing the visions."Run." It became louder. I looked around seeing nothing."Run." It was almost shouting right in my ears, I covered my ears trying to stop the ringing. I took my hands away and looked. Then I ran and ran seeing the same thing as if I was going in a circle, getting nowhere but where I started. "You and Thomas are special..."

"What?" I came to a stop looking all around.

"You are special...Don't forget...Keep your friends safe, keep Newt safe...You and Thomas lead to freedom, but danger as well if you aren't careful." The eerie voice continued.

"What are you talking about?"

"You'll see soon enough...Remember Wicked is good."

"What does that mean?!" I shouted frustrated. "Hello?!" But no answer.

"This is your punishment for you and your brother destroying us." Another voice called out.

"It wasn't my idea! I just stick with him all the time...You still trusted me!" I replied.

"You were our best, of course, we couldn't get rid of you. So we decided to experiment with you instead."

"Well, you've done your job, and killed me or something...Just send me back please!"

"Your time is not done, even when you are out, you are far from freedom, my dear. You will find that out soon enough. But remember you are the light to us, and to your friends. You are the ticket to keeping them alive or killing them all, when you think you have failed know you have just begun. You are not a failure...You are the light that will show them the way and save our subjects." I looked around in question. I didn't understand, I kept hearing the same words but they still didn't register anything to me.