|| Chapter 6 ||

"And I always say, we should be together
And I can see below, 'cause there's something in here
And if you are gone, I will not belong here"

It was time for lunch and we were all lined up. It was my turn after Chuck and I moved up facing Frypan.

"Well if it isn't the pretty girl." He smirked.

"I'm the only girl in this place."

"Doesn't mean I can't say it."

"Just put the food in my bowl Fry." I laughed.

"Yes, ma'am," He said, scooping out some vegetable soup and putting it in my bowl.

"Thanks, Fry!" I called as I walked away. I found Chuck, Newt and Thomas sitting at a table and I walked over to join them. "Hey guys," I greeted.

"Hey Charley," Newt called,

"Hey, Char," Chuck said, waving. Thomas was quiet. I sat down next to Newt.

"Tommy..." I said. He just stared at his soup spinning a spoon around. "Thomas..." He still ignored me. I scooped up some potatoes and turned the spoon throwing them in his face snapping him out of his trance. We laughed. "You okay Thomas?"

"I don't know.."

"Thomas, Ben didn't kill you, he didn't pass whatever had had onto you. You're fine. He didn't kill me either, he didn't do anything to either of us so stop worrying." We went back to eating our lunch and then Thomas freaked out again.

"You guys are hiding something, I'm starting to think you guys are the bad guys here."

"Thomas, don't start this again, please... Calm down and eat."

"Newt, Why can't you just tell us what's out there?"

"You wanna know what we're hiding Greenie?" He said with a slightly pissed off tone. "We're hiding your stubborn klunk-head ass from the monsters and dangers behind those walls. I've told you before the Runners are the only people who know what's behind those doors and walls. Just stop asking. Unless you want to get thrown into the pit or banished," He asserted, picking up his bowl and walking off.

"I rarely see Newt mad, but...You just got Newt mad," Chuck stated.

"I agree, Thomas you seriously have to stop worrying so much...Sure I'm curious as well. I'm pretty sure everyone here is curious...Much less the visions and all the other things I've encountered but, you don't see me asking everyone I come across what's up with this place. We're stuck here for now so just deal with it and stop driving people insane." He looked down. "Thomas, you know I love you...I just don't want something bad to happen to you. Don't let your curiosity get the best of you...I have a twin brother and I'd like it if you stayed alive." With that, it was silent for the rest of lunch.

It was in the afternoon when Newt found me in the garden picking fruit.

"Hey Charley," He called out. I turned to see him approaching.

"Hey, Newt." I smiled. "I'm sorry about my brother earlier...As you can tell I obviously can't keep him under wraps or anything...He just- I don't know he's determined about something and it's hard to stop him."

"Are you sure you're talking about just your brother? I mean you're almost the same way."

"In some ways...But- I don't know, I guess we both are just as curious."

Newt sighed, placing the shovel against the fence. "I should apologize, I shouldn't have blown up on your brother like that...Or you even earlier for that matter. I just don't want something bad to happen to you or your brother. I care for both of you, and I'd hate to see you get taken away so quickly, which is why I've been trying so hard to keep you both under wraps and safe. Anyways, Where have you been?"