nineteen - you've changed

Mulai dari awal

"Maybe." Was all I said.

Parker's P.O.V

"You're driving me nuts, man," Topher groaned as he flicked between channels on Axel's television. "Stop moping around. Your bad boy rep is completely trashed now, you're like a love sick puppy. One that's been brutally kicked."

I honestly didn't care. Everybody in this room - Topher, Hayden, Jason, Axel and Matthew - knew I could beat them to a pulp if I had the motivation. My reputation was fine as long as it stayed within our circle and didn't reach unwanted ears. Even if it did, I didn't think I would care all that much. It would be problematic, but it wouldn't be terrible.

"Watch your mouth." I muttered.

I snuck a sideways glance at Jason and Hayden who sat on a separate settee from Axel, Topher, Matthew and I. It was hard for us to get rid of Jason when we told him one thing and Hayden said another. The pair hit it off right away after Jason's return. It was as if they'd never stopped talking in the first place. It didn't exactly put Hayden in the good books of our group. Especially not after what he did to Flora and Matthew.

They were deep in conversation, but Hayden looked mad. Not his usual mad, (which was basically all of the time since Flora had become a permanent presence in our group) he looked riled up and ready to blow. It was clear he was trying to keep his shit together and not make any of us aware of what it was about, but sadly for him he just wasn't discreet enough.

"Trouble in paradise?" I inquired with a smirk.

Hayden avoided my gaze but Jason's dark eyes aligned with my own, cool and collected. "Nah, why do you ask?"

Axel dug his elbow into my ribs. He was probably warning me to calm down.

"No reason," My eyes flickered to Hayden who sat in a slouch, face pink and nostrils flaring. I refrained from laughing. "None at all."

We spent a few hours watching reruns of The Bachelor (honestly, the things we did for Matthew) in silence. It was when Tony was giving the rose to Jessica that Jason decided to open his fat mouth and attempt to provoke me. To say that we hadn't been getting along would have been an understatement.

"So how's Frigid Flo?" He smirked, knowing fine well that it was a sensitive topic.

"She's fine." I replied brusquely.

He raised an eyebrow. "Just fine? Nothing more? I thought you guys were like- a thing? It sure looks awkward between you two in school..."

I subtly popped the bones of my knuckles and let out a slow breath, glaring at both he and Hayden. "Thank your buddy for that, yeah?"

"It's not exactly fair to go blaming everything on Hayden without definite evidence."

He was asking for a fucking whack across the head.

"He should have given the rose to Clarissa!" Matthew declared in outrage, oblivious to everything but the television. "Is Tony blind? She was the one who truly liked him and now he's stuck with the fake boob girl who just wants him for his looks and not what's within!"

Sensing I was close to tipping over the edge, Axel laid a hand on my arm as if to hold me down, restrain me. "Alright lads, that's enough feuding for one night. Anger mixed with heartbreak are by no means the environment to watch The Bachelor in. We need popcorn and happiness." He cut in.

I stared at him. "You sound like Matthew."

After another ten minutes of Matthew and Axel yelling at Tony, I decided to head to Axel's kitchen and get myself a glass of water. The more I watched the sappy show, the more I thought of Flora. No doubt she'd watch the crappy programme; it seemed just her cup of tea. She could watch some utter trash but at least if I was with her when something like that was on then I could watch her enjoying it rather than enjoying the show itself. She'd curl herself up on her stupid couch that had far too many cushions and throw things at the screen if she disagreed with what was happening.