Home.「Chapter Ten」

I wrapped the bandage around my eye once again,it started to stain with blood.Touka's eyes returned to normal,she came over and gave a me light hug."I know it's all so sudden for you but,we'll find a way together."She smiled,but it wasn't her usual smile.I could see hidden sadness within her eyes.

"Touka-San..I"

"Touka is fine."She smiled once again.

"Then just call me '(NAME)'.."

"Mhm,but what is it (NAME)?"I went silent for a moment and then i spoke,

"Is it hard..being a ghoul..?"Touka looked stunned but her expression was replaced with a rather solemn one.

"...Yes..it get's harder by the day.."

"..."

"Don't worry about it (NAME),i'll be here with you."I smiled sincerely when we heard a loud knock on the door, followed by a voice.

"(L.NAME)-San!"It was Sasaki.I rushed over towards the door and opened it slowly.

"S-Sasaki-san..."

"(L.NAME)?What happend to your eye?Are you okay?"His voice showed how concerned he was.

"I-Im okay..but i'm afraid i can't talk to you at the moment.."

"(L.NAME),is everything okay?"

"Yes..please don't worry about me.."I averted my eyes and then continued."I..have to go now.I'm sorry,please forgive me."I shut the door in his face and grabbed Touka.I could hear him banging on the other side of the door.I opened the door to the balcony and jumped down along with Touka.I made sure i didn't make a sound.

"(NAME)!What are you thinking?!"I held onto Touka's hand as i ran towards the cafe opened the door and rushed inside.I wasn't tired at all and i spoke in a calm tone,

"Touka,i have to survive on my own..I can't let myself be a burden to anyone.."

"(NAME) your...not going to.."I cut her off.

"I have to.I can't stay here,if i rise suspicion around you they'll come for you too."

"(NAME) i said we can get through this together!"She held onto my hands as i said smiling.

"I'm already turning into someone i'm not,if i stay...i'll only end up hurting you more than i already am..I'm sorry but...i have no choice."I pulled my hands away from Touka and turned back slightly. 

"Goodbye,for now,Touka."

Touka had fallen to her knees,i left the cafe and walk off into the distance aimlessly.Soon,it became dark as i still roamed on alone.I didn't want to kill anyone to satisfy my hunger so over time i started to eat ghouls that had either been killed or were injured.I slowly started to lose control over myself and by the time i knew it i had been doing this for four months.I found out that i had more than on ghoul organ inside of me.I had possessed three kagune.I never used more than two since i knew that the CCG would target me.I soon realised that suspicion had grown over at the ward where i was and more of the CCG workers had come to investigate the area.

I never got to see Touka or Sasaki after losing most of my sanity,something was still eating at my memory.At some point i nearly forgot about everything,including myself.I had stolen a ghouls mask that covered half of my face,the design of the mask consisted of stitches over an eye that was on the mask.The eye was a deep red colour and the mask its self was a dark blue colour.

I kept my eye wrapped up when my ghoul eye didn't show,I lost the respect for myself...I don't know what i'm thinking half of the time...My hair grew a little longer and soon parts of my hair became a pure white colour.Until half of my hair had turned completely white.

One day,I decided to return to the 20th ward to see Touka...I went when it was dark to avoid being seen and she noticed i was there.I had dressed normally like before and walked towards her.

"Why are you back?"She said in an unamused voice.

"..I thought that it would be nice to see you..."

"I don't want to see you anymore.."

"...I'm sorry..okay..?"

"That's not going to do anything..I was willing to help you...but you've turned t into something worst than i could even imagine..(NAME),don't you see?Look what you've done to yourself."Her words caused me to fall silent."What are you doing this all for..?"I stayed silent as she sighed.

"When you find your answer...tell me."She turned her back on me and left.I sat in a dark alley way alone as it began to rain heavily.The rain kept sliding down my face until something shielded my head from getting wet.I looked up to see someone looking down at me with soft eyes and a smile...It was Sasaki.He still wore the same gentle and caring smile like before.

"Welcome back home,(L.NAME)-San."

"Sasaki..."I held back tears and returned the smile."I'm back..."

I couldn't help but hug Sasaki and he was taken by surprise but soon he embraced my frail body in the rain.My head was spinning,i couldn't put my emotions into words.It was all confusing...Why did walk away from everything i ever needed in my life..?Why was i so selfish..?What have i become?All these questions were piling up in my mind..I need an answer.However,for now.I just want to cherish this moment for as long as i can.Before,i end up losing control....again.

This is what I want,yet I threw everything away,is this my chance to make things right?Or would I just slowly return to being insane...?The thoughts just cloud up my mind..I pull back fork the warm embrace and look up at Sasaki.His eyes softened as soon as we made eye-contact,he extended his hand towards me and lightly spoke in a calm tone,

"Let's go home."