Familiar Faces.「Chapter Eight」

Sasaki turned his back on Touka and I,he turned his head enough towards us that we could see his radiant smile."Well,i'll be off..Stay safe."He started to walk off but i called for him.

"Wait!"He stopped walking and turned back to me with a surprised expression.There was silence and i finally spoke as calmly as possible."At least give me your number,so i can find a way to repay you."I could see that his eyes softened and yet again he smiled.He gave me a piece of paper with his number and name on it.He stayed silent as he walked away into the distance.

Touka nudged me with her elbow and started laughing softly.I felt my cheeks heat up and rose my voice slightly at her."Hey!It's not like i have feelings for him!!"

"I-i never said a-anything about t-t-that (NAME)-San" She wasn't stuttering,she was just laughing so much that she could barely speak.

"Stop laughing at me!!"In the end i managed to get home safely and i invited (F.NAME) over since i didn't feel safe and comfortable sleeping alone in my apartment.I looked out of my apartment window to see the moonlight reflect of some similar white hair.I looked down from the balcony to see Sasaki waving his arms in the air trying to get my attention.I blushed at the sight and grabbed a coat,making it past a sleeping (F.NAME).

I ran down to meet him and asked him,"W-What are you doing here?!And how did you know i was here?!"I had a red tinge dusting my cheeks as i spoke.

"I came here because i wanted to show you something."

"How did you know i was here though?!"I exclaimed but i got no answer from him,all he did was smile.

"Come now."He took my hand.

"Wait,I can't go like this!It's embarrassing!"I said looking down at the white dress i wore that had a -F.C- rim.It was quite short and exposed my legs a lot.."Can i go change?"I asked with a blush on my face.

"Why?You look wonderful like that."He smiled with his eyes closed and i only blushed more."Well,if you don't feel comfortable...I could just."He didn't finish off his sentence as he carried me in his arms.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?!"He chuckled softly still smiling.

"I'll just carry you like this."He started walking off and i struggled to free myself from his strong grip.

"I can walk!Just put me down!"He didn't listen to me and after a while i became tired and soon gave up trying.I felt my eyes start to close but i forced them open every time,i put y head against Sasaki's chest as he continued to walk.I looked up at him until he looked down at me.

"Hm?"I blushed and hid my face in his shirt.He then put me down and smiled softly."Here we are."I looked around to see that he had taken me to a place where all different types of flowers were blooming and a great sakura tree was planted in the middle.

"Wow..."I turned to him and looked unsure.

"Sasaki..it's amazing and all but..why did you bring me here?"He averted his gaze towards a couple walking by,it was a girl with -H.C- hair but some white streaks blended in with her hair.She linked arms with a guy with white hair.They were both smiling,the girl then said,

"I love you..Kaneki.."That name ringed in my ears and suddenly everything around me turnt black.

"AH!"I woke up and panted as a sweat covered my body.I was panting heavily and i was alone in the room.I put a hand over my head and went over towards the window to open the curtains.I saw a message on the window.I ripped it off and read it.

"This won't be the first time."

I raised a brow at the note and threw it in the bin and scoffed.

"Who the hell put that there?"I got ready to go to work again and noticed a piece of paper on my desk.It had the Sasaki Haise written on it and a number which followed.

"So that part wasn't a dream...?"I felt a sharp pain in my head and groaned in pain."Argh my head's killing me!"I grabbed my stuff and headed off to work again.Touka greeted me and handed me my apron which i put on.I was a bit early so i decided to doze off for a bit until some customers entered.I woke up and there a customer was standing.

"Hello,how may i help you?" I smiled and looked up to see it was Sasaki."Oh..Hello..."

"Hello.."

"(NAME),My name is (L.NAME) (NAME)."He smiled again and my heart fluttered as he said my name.

"Well then,hello (NAME)-San."

"Erhm,What would you like?"

"Black coffee please."He replied with a smile.I made the coffee and served it to him as he sat at his usual spot.He started to come more often...Everyday in fact.I walked back to the counter and sat on the stool waiting for anyone else to order.Touka tapped my shoulder and she looked...worried.

"(NAME)...Have you..been eating?"

"Erhm..not for the past few days..why?"Her eyes were wide but she shook her head.

"No reason..come with me for a second."She grabbed my hand and dragged me to the back room.

"Touka?What's up,why you acting so weird?"She brought over a plate of cake and gave it to me.

"Here eat this.You must be starving right?"My hand was shaking as i picked up the fork.Touka was watching my so intently that there was a strong tension between us.I cut a piece of the cake and was about ot eat the piece when a customer called out.

"Um Excuse me?Is anyone there?"Touka rushed outside but before she did she said,

"Wait for me here okay?I'll be back in a bit."She left the back of the room and served the customer,I put the cake aside and i looked at my shaking hand.

"....Why am i scared to eat cake..?..I should go see the doctors soon.."I stared at the cake and pushed it aside."I'm just..not hungry..that's all.."I went outside and sat beside Touka.

"Oh did you eat it?"

"No..I'm not that hungry today either.."

"It's not good to starve yourself (NAME)-San..but then again..I can't force you to eat."I sat on the stool wondering the whole time why Touka was acting so weird back there.In the end i shrugged it off,i noticed that Sasaki was staring at us the whole time but every time i looked at him straight in the eye..He always smiled.