Drunk Confessions (Zoro x Reader)

Why? What did you do wrong?

You watch as the Straw Hat crew continued to avoid you like the plague. From the moment you woke up, no one had wanted to speak with you.

Even Luffy, who was usually cheerful and loud, had ran into the kitchen as soon as you neared him.

"Did I do something bad...?" You murmur to yourself as you walked away to go somewhere more secluded. It hurt seeing how your friends treated you this way.

As soon as you were out of sight, Robin smiled and nodded for everyone to come out of hiding.

"Is this really alright?" Usopp asked, casting a worried glance at you.

"I feel kinda bad for (Name)..." Chopper admitted quietly.

"She'll be fine!" Nami hissed. "Now hurry up and finish the preparations, or else all that avoiding would be for nothing!!"

You sigh and enter the main Crow's Nest, which was located at the back of the Thousand Sunny. The heavy grunts and clanging of large steel weights made you realize that Zoro was training inside. Again.

"Zoro...?" You whisper, entering the room as quietly as you could to not disturb the swordman's training.

Zoro was standing on his hands, a large weight balanced on the soles of his feet, and doing nearly three thousand push ups.

"Wow..." You breathed. It never failed to amaze you how an actual living person could manage such a thing.

Another thing that amazed you was the tanned muscled torso he was showing off. It was then you realized that he was shirtless and you were practically staring at his scars and abs.

"Bad (Name)!" You scolded yourself and looked away.

Zoro pushed himself up then stood on his feet once again, carrying the weight on his shoulder.

"Oh. Hey, (Name)," He greeted when he saw you whispering to yourself.

He never understood why you would sometimes talk to yourself like that. It was weird. But since you were a member of the crew and one of the few who weren't as annoying as the rest, he didn't really mind what you did.

"Did I disturb your training?" You ask, peeking at his face worriedly.

He hadn't noticed that he was staring at you for a while now, and your adorable (E/C) orbs blinking owlishly at him made a blush rise to his cheeks.

"N-No, I was just finishing up." He muttered and looked away embarrassed.

You smile at him, he was always awkward around you. It was sorta cute to hear him stammer. But there was no way you would tell him that, he might cut you up!!

"So..." Zoro trailed off awkwardly.

He hated this feeling when he was around you. He didn't understand what it was either. Or maybe... He didn't want to understand it, out of fear of not knowing what to do once he did.

"I think breakfast is almost ready," You chime happily and try to get him to feel more comfortable despite your own awkwardness. "Wanna go grab a bite?"

Zoro smiled a bit and nodded, "Sure."

He grabbed his shirt and followed you out of the Crow's Nest to the kitchen. You seemed extremely happy today and he didn't understand why either. It was starting to make him curious.

Grabbing the doorknob and twisting it open, confettis rained down on you as you gasp with widened eyes.

"SURPRISE!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY, (NAME)!!!"

The whole crew screamed cheerfully.

Luffy, Usopp, and Nami clapped their hands upon seeing your shocked expression. Robin smiled, loving how the entire thing they planned out had gone well. Sanji and Franky were holding the large six tier (favorite flavor) cake.

"(Name)!!" Chopper called and waved his hoof, a stack of presents from the crew beside him.

"Yohohoho! How delightful!" Brook laughed, "Were you surprised?"

"Sure am!" You nod rapidly and joined your friends. They all gave you their greetings and started singing soon after.

You stand on top of a step ladder. The scent of the icing made you hungry already, so you quickly tried to think of something to wish for.

"What do I wish for this year?" You asked yourself quietly.

You took a quick glance at Zoro and smile, then blew out the candles.

"What'd you wish for?" Chopper asked curiously as you began climbing down.

"You can't ask that or else it'll never come true!!" Usopp informed the little reindeer.

You smile gratefully at the group of people that you call your friends. For a while you had thought they hated you; but it turned out that they just wanted to surprise you with a party!

As everyone began eating cake and chatting excitedly, you noticed one person in the room was strangely quiet.

"Zoro?" You call out quietly.

Your voice snapped him out of whatever he was thinking and looked at you with a nervous smile.

Before you could ask the swordsman what was wrong, Nami started passing around the booze.

You smile as you take one, unsure if drinking would be a good idea for you, knowing you were a light drinker. But since most of the crew drank away without a care, you shrugged and gave it a go.

Zoro's eyes widened upon seeing your hunched over form and an empty mug still in your hand. You had been drinking like a fish for over half an hour.

"(Name)..?" He gently shook your shoulder to check if you were still awake.

You abruptly sat upright with your face bright red. "Zorooo...?" You hiccup, turning your head to face the blushing man.

Unlike you, he was still sober. He is quite the heavy drinker, after all.

He couldn't help but feel bashful as you draped yourself over him and giggled like a child. "I love you, Zoooorrrooo~" You cooed and made kissy-faces, causing him to blush harder.

"I, uh, l-love you too?" He stammered, unsure of how to respond to the sudden confession.

When he glanced at your face again, you were already snoring softly, fast asleep. He sighed, "What the hell was that all about...?"

Gently brushing away a strand of hair from your face, he smiled at how absolutely adorable you looked when sleeping. Before he knew it, he leaned over and kissed your lips softly, making sure not to wake you.

The sound of someone clearing their throat made him pull away quickly. Nami grinned wide, a vision dial in her hand, "Well, well!"

Zoro's face turned even a darker shade of red, if that was even possible. Sanji started screaming unholy things at the Mosshead and was being held back by Chopper in his heavy point and Robin's arms while the calm woman herself was smiling at the sight.

"You guys were awake?!" Zoro exclaimed.

"We were awake the whole time. Robin, Chopper and Sanji never drank, but the rest of the crew are passed out." Nami said and nodded pointedly towards the sleeping crew members.

She waved around the vision dial in her hands and wiggled her eyebrows,

"Guess (Name) is gonna have one hell of a surprise birthday present when she wakes up tomorrow~"