Comfort Kisses 2 (Ace x Reader)

"___... Wake up, ___..."

All you could see was darkness. Darkness engulfed the entirety of your sight. You felt cold...scared...and alone.

"___, wake up..."

"PLEASE DON'T DIE, ___!!! ACE, WHAT ARE WE GONNA DO?!"

"Guys, do you think she can hear us?"

These voices sounded so familiar to you, but you couldn't exactly remember who they belonged to. It was...comforting...to listen to them argue. It seemed all so familiar...

Slowly you opened your eyes and the first thing you saw were three hazy faces staring at you. A blonde and two raven haired boys. Groaning quietly from the pain in your head as you sat up with the strength you could muster, you squint your eyes to focus on the figures.

"___! YOU'RE AWAKE!!" Luffy cried, snot dripping from his nose as he tackled you back down.

"LUFFY, YOU MORON, YOU'LL HURT HER!" Sabo scolded and tried to pry off his little brother away.

You laughed nervously and struggled to sit up again, glancing around the room until your eyes fall on Ace. He was strangely silent and his eyes were cast down at the floor. His knuckles were white as he gripped on to the fabric of his shorts tightly, shoulders shaking slightly as if he were crying.

"Ace...?" Sabo asked quietly, holding Luffy in a headlock to keep him from tackling you again.

You stared at Ace as he slowly looked up at you. He gritted his teeth to keep himself from sobbing loudly, but the pools in his eyes didn't hide the mix of sadness and relief in them. "___... Sorry..." He mumbled and slowly pulled you into a tight embrace. "I'm so sorry, ___..." He buried his face on your shoulder and started crying quietly. "I'm sorry... I'm sorry... I'm sorry..."

Not knowing what to do or what to say, you simply allowed him to hug you until he stopped. You were so confused. You couldn't remember what happened. One look at Sabo and Luffy, you knew they felt the same way Ace does right now.

"Um, excuse me, but..." You began. The three of them looked at you with smiles and waited for you to continue. Ace hurriedly pulled away and wiped off the tears from his face. You frowned slightly, unsure if you would want to ask them.

"Who are you guys?"

Silence followed your question as they stared at you. Feeling suddenly uneasy, you looked down to avoid their gazes.

"___?" Ace spoke softly, casting a quick glance at the bandages wrapped around your head. "Please tell me you're joking..."

You frowned and stayed silent. 'Well, this is getting sorta awkward.' You thought.

Sabo sighed and shook his head. "Ace... I think she's being serious..." He said. Luffy broke free from his hold and ran up to you, grabbing you by the shoulders and shaking you furiously. "___, SAY YOU'RE JOKING! YOU WERE JUST KIDDING, RIGHT?!" He asked in a panicked tone. He looked like he was about to cry again and you instantly felt guilty.

"Sorry... But no... I'm not..." You whispered sadly and watched as the seven year old slowly let go of your shoulders. "I'm sorry... But... Who are you?"

Within the few weeks that the four of you had known each other, the boys felt like they just lost someone precious to them. And they did.

It was you.

"Well, I think this should be fine..." You mutter to yourself as you finished fixing your bed. 

The boys were quiet the entire day, something that the mountain bandits found very unusual, especially Dadan. You assumed that those three were quite the handful, seeing as how they first greeted you. You sigh quietly.

"This is really awkward.." You tell yourself and fluffed up your pillow. The treehouse was small but it wasn't like you had a lot of things anyway. It was still strange to you when you found out earlier that you were living with these boys.

Glancing over your shoulder, you silently watched Sabo and Luffy snore loudly, fast asleep. "Hm?" You looked around. One of them was missing.

You walk out of the treehouse and saw Ace sitting on a branch. "Hey..." You whisper quietly. You planned on calling out his name, but you forgot what it was.

Ace looked down and saw you staring at him. "Hey..." He mumbled and looked away. You frown a bit and decided to sit with him. Skillfully climbing up the tree and taking a seat next to the freckled boy, you watched his profile as he stared at the stars.

He looked so...lonely.

"Are you okay?" You ask quietly. He gives you an odd look.

"I should be asking you that." He pointed out with a small smirk. This made you smile a bit and giggle, having forgotten that it was you who had lost your memories.

It went quiet for a while, before Ace broke the silence with a heavy sigh.

"___, I hope you remember us soon." He said sadly, looking at you with solemn eyes. You sigh and nod in agreement.

"Well, it's getting late now..." He announced, standing up and offering a hand to you. You took it and smile gratefully. But before you could utter a thank you, you felt soft lips press against your forehead, making you blush madly.

"Good night, ___..." Ace murmured then jumped down the branch, heading back inside the treehouse to his brothers.

"Yeah..." You whisper, lightly touching the place where he kissed and felt the bandages on your head. "Good night... Ace..."