Chapter 39- Her story, continued

Julie

"I want to fight back." I say simply.

"How?" Barry asks, folding his arms.

"We go there." I say simply.

"...we need help then." Barry says.

"Exactly."

"Who are you proposing?" Dr Wells asks.

"Oliver. Just him." I say. "And we need Felicity. But she won't be fighting." I add quickly. "Obviously."

"I'll call them." Caitlin says, already typing away.

"Go ahead." I say, taking my messenger bag. "I need to talk to someone."

Barry holds my wrist before I can walk out. "Who are you meeting?"

I am silent. "A.....friend. You'll see her later." I say.

Barry nods. "Okay. Stay safe, okay?" He says. "If anything happens, call out for me, okay?"

I nod. "Yeah."

He pulls me close and he kisses my forehead. I instinctively hug him, and he hugs back. I take a deep breath of his cologne and immediately relax. He takes my chin so I look at him. He stares deep into my eyes and he leans in to kiss me. I melt into the kiss, assuring myself that everything will be okay.

"I love you." He says into my hair.

"I love you too, Barry." I whisper back. I smile slightly at him and walk off.

++++++

Julie

"Are you sure?" Jessie says. "That you will succeed?"

I roll my eyes. This is the fifth time she's said that. "If you freaking help me instead of just yapping, then yes, dumbass."

Jessie raises her eyebrow. "Okay, well this is not easy as you know."

"Obviously. That's why I'm asking Ollie. IF he's willing, that is."

Jessie sighs. "If we succeed, credit me in this, kay?"

I smile. "Always."

+++++++++++

Barry

Julie comes in, and she places her bag on the floor. "I'm ready when you guys are."

"Oliver and the rest are coming, and they will be here tomorrow morning." Caitlin says, facing her.

Jules's eyebrows knit slightly together, a normal thing she does when she is concentrating. "Can they at least come here by tonight?"

Caitlin shakes her head sadly. "They need to pack their equipment and all that before they can come."

Julie nods and sighs in understanding and defeat. She looks up at me and smiles as she catches me staring. She walks next to me, and I wrap my arm around her waist and pull her close. Julie lays her cheek on my collarbone, and she stays there.

"Do you want to have a walk outside?" I whisper to her ear. "We can talk, or just....walk."

Julie smiles. "Sure." She says. "Let me just take my bag, and check on Andy."

I smile and let her go.

Julie

I walk to Andy, where he sleeps on a mattress that Barry told me that he used when he got struck by lightning. I smile at the memory, when I still couldn't believe that he is the Flash.