Prologue- Julie

(A/N): I DO NOT OWN ANYTHING (other than the plot and Julie and other characters you know made up). The events happening here is in between the first half and the second half of season 1.

________

Barry

Sometimes, flashbacks of me and the energetic and brave girl with brown hair and brown eyes would appear behind my eyes at random. 

Her name is Juliette Jackson, and she was my best friend. 

She would protect me from bullies, and later she was protecting me from other, bigger and nastier evil.

She was Juliette, and I owe her everything.

________________

Julie

"Juliette Jackson?"

I look to the right and see a man (rather handsome) standing with a woman with blonde hair and a friendly smile. I turn to them and smile politely.

"Hey." the man says. "Nice to meet you after..." he lets the sentence trail off so that I can finish it for him.

I smile wider. "Five years."

Oliver widens his arms to me and we embrace. "Introduce me to your girlfriend, Ollie. She seemed nice."

The woman smiles wider until she is grinning. "I'm Felicity Smoak." She says, shaking my hand. "But I'm not Oliver's girlfriend."

"He'd like to be." I smile, grinning just as wide.

I look at Oliver just in time to see him roll his eyes and sigh. "Shall we?"

As we were walking, Felicity asks, rather softly, "Do you know him before or after he was stranded on that island?"

"Just before," I say. "We met in Shanghai for a while, as we went to the same school before, and then that's it. He has to leave with Mr Queen."

"And did you know....what happens next?" Felicity asks cautiously.

I nod. "We have been in contact once every month."

Ollie took my arm to face him before Felicity asks anything else. "Do you remember Barry Allen?"

I nod slowly, frowning. "My best friend- well, I guess he replaced me with another person so let's call him my former best friend. Why?" I ask.

Oliver smiles a little. "Try not to get too excited. And disappointed."

"What?"

Before I could say any more, Oliver dragged me along with him, Felicity trotting behind me.

___________

Barry

A text. From Oliver?

"Come to the coffee shop where your Iris works. Meet Felicity, a guest and I. And try not to be too excited."

My Iris? She was never my Iris. Probably never will.

"Who's that?" Joe asks, not looking up from his breakfast.

"Oliver."

And before he could answer anything to that, I use my super speed to get there.

___________________

Julie

"Ah, here he is. Right on time. For the first time ever." Oliver says, smiling with what I can see....sarcasm?

I frown, not knowing what he is talking about.

I kept my face down, forcing myself to look at my half-empty coffee that Iris (she didn't recognise me though. Even if she did, she didn't say anything) gave me.

"Hey, Oliver. Hey, Felicity." Barry says.

God, he even smells the same.

I look up and see Oliver looking at me. He nods to me.

I force myself to look up.

"Hey, Barry," I say, my voice wavering.

Barry narrows his eyes questioningly then his eyebrows shot up in delight. "Jules?!"

I smile then we embrace. He makes a sound that is a cross between a laugh and a shout in delight as he envelopes me in a tight hug. Barry tightly wrapped my middle back while I wrap my arms around his neck.

I can't say I am not glad to see him.

When we release each other, Barry looks at me with glassy eyes. But he's laughing, so it's a good thing. "Awwhhh," I sigh, wiping his eyes with my hands. We hug again when I see Iris staring at us from behind him.

He lets me go and was about to say something when he sees that I'm distracted. He turns and sees Iris, calling her over to us.

"Iris, this is my best friend before you, Juliette Jackson." Barry explains.

Iris smiles weakly. As we shake hands, Iris says, "You're the girl that Barry was with before..."

"You moved to England." Barry intercepts.

"Then to Tibet." I sigh.

You could practically hear the confusion in the air. Except it wasn't coming from Oliver. Because he knew what I've been up to exactly.

"Long story." I say, grinning innocently.

I look away and Oliver and I lock eyes. We stare at each other hard for a second before I grin happily again, facing Barry.

They can never know what I have been really up to. If they knew, I will be killed. In front my own best friend, the love of my life.