Chapter 22: Orphanage

Start from the beginning

I turned to Kris confused, "There's a lake nearby?"

Kris chuckled, "I think she means the sea."

I turned to the caretaker, "Can we please take her?"

She had a worried expression on her face, "I don't know....."

Kris picked up Beibei and put her on his back.
"Thanks! We'll be back before dinner."

Ignoring her protests Kris ran out of the house and put Beibei in the front seat.
I pouted and made her get up.
I sat and pulled her in my lap.

Kris laughed as he pulled out of the driveway.

"Did we just kidnap a child?" I asked as I played with Beibei's hair.
Kris nodded, "I think we just did."

Beibei laughed to herself as she rolled down the window. She stuck her arm out and giggled as she wiggled her fingers.

Kris's POV

I smiled as I watched Tao. His face lit up every time Beibei said something.
Her little fingers held onto Tao's fingers as he danced along to the radio with her. Tao had no idea how happy this made me. I wish that right now....the three of us in this car...could stay like this forever.
No need to worry about the company of the huge deal coming up or anything else.

Just me, Tao and Beibei.

I stopped at a shipyard and got out.

Tao followed with Beibei trailing behind him.

I watched in amusement as Tao stopped and looked behind him. He lightly scolding Beibei for not being fast enough and made her hold his hand.

He had no idea of how much he was mom-ing her right now.

Yes from now on mom-ing is a word.

I held out my hand and Beibei's small hands held onto my finger.

I sighed contently as we walked to the dock, Beibei in between Tao and I.

Tao poked my shoulder and I turned.
"On three?" He said.

I laughed and nodded when I understood what he meant.

Beibei noticed our smiles and she giggled, "One!! Two!!! Threeeee!!" She counted.
On three, Tao and I both lifted our arms causing Beibei to loose contact with the ground.

She wiggled her feet as she laughed.
Tao laughed with her and I couldn't help but crack a smile.

We played until the sun went down. Beibei finally stopped running around and caught sight of the water reflecting the sunset.

Her eyes widened as she walked towards the rails.

She climbed up and watched the sunset peacefully.

Tao saw her and quickly joined, "Wooow. It's so prettty!!" He giggled as he pulled out his phone. I chuckled and joined them.

I stood on the other side of Beibei and held onto her waist, making sure she wouldn't fall.

Finally Tao picked up Beibei and balanced her on his waist as he cuddled up to me.