Flame

Bentley's P.O.V

"Please." His shaky voice croaked out his bloodied hand outstretched towards my heaving body that stood proudly above his. My cold eyes gazing down into his glassy brown ones that silently pleaded with me to spare his life but sadly just like the other fallen bodies that laid around us I refused to feel anything resembling pity towards these heartless bastards.

The sound of yet another bullet leaving my gun rang through the still air warm liquid splashing onto my baby blue shirt adding to the scarlet colored stain that occupied the front of the cotton material. Turning I slowly made my way towards the front door of the mansion the sickly satisfying  scent of fresh blood and gasoline causing a sadistic smile to tug at my lips.

Placing a cigar onto my lips where  a smug smirk danced on the dried flesh  I allowed the orange flame emitted by the silver lighter to kiss  the cancer stick before carelessly throwing it into the house. As the orange flames greedily consumed the place I once called home it took along with it unwanted memories and people setting me free from the cage I'd been trapped in for way too long. Free from worry and heartache over trivial matters that would usually be blown out of proportion . I could finally move on with my life hopefully with the people who have always been my world and the stars that brighten my dark skies.

✨❄️✨

"I don't get it." I growled glaring at the now shaking man who stood before me nervously tinkering with his plastic clipboard. "Sir she fainted due to her high stress level. Her blood pressure was extremely high therefore during her emergency c-section she lost a lot of blood. With both the fall when she fainted and loss of blood I'd safely like to say that her current state is more of her body's way of resting." He explained cracking a nervous smile.

"Ok." I finally replied after a long pause my tired brain registering his words as hope. "I'll talk to you as soon as I have an update Mr. Johnson I promise." He assured me before exiting the room leaving me in the deafening silence. Slowly limping over to the large bed that sat in the middle of the room I carefully bent over pressing my lips to her forehead. Her inky curls lazily fanned out on the pillow her head rested on creating an intricate design on the white material.

"You need to wake up baby." I whispered the familiar feeling of guilt rapping its fingers around my heart which it held in its iron fist causing tears to sting at the sensitive flesh of my eyes. I blamed myself for Ava's high stress level as well as not being there when she needed me the most. If I had stood my ground instead of choosing to back away every time we had the opportunity to talk about our problems in fear of seeing her brown eyes gloss over with unshed tears and regret as they always did whenever we had the to look at her long enough maybe she wouldn't be laying here in a coma. I'd allowed my love for Ava to tear us apart. I was willing to do anything to make her happy even if it meant that I would no longer be in her life and maybe that was my biggest mistake.

"Bentley!" Two familiar voices screamed playfully snapping me out of my solum thoughts. "What?" I asked turning towards the two smiling fools who stood at the door looking at me expectantly. "The girls requested that you pick them up from school this evening instead of their two fun uncles." Ky announced his words causing a brief smile to take over my lips. "We'll stay with  sleeping beauty." Ryan added smiling sadly when he looked over at Ava. "Okay." I answered nodding my head before rising from my seat and limping to the door. "Oh and Bentley." Ryan added causing my movements to slow down.

"You did a pretty good job with the house." He said chuckling causing a toothy smile to take over my lips before I humbled out of the door with the thought of my children's happy laughter and beautiful smiles bouncing around my mind distracting me from the pain that shot through my entire left side.