Death's Kiss

💋Death's Kiss

Bentley's P.O.V

"What?" She asked her brown eyes gleaming with confusion and wonder as she looked at me where I sat on the bed staring  at my beautiful wife. The expression on her face  caused a small smile to tug at my lips. "I was just looking at you." I clarified my smile dropping momentarily when she smiled at me lovingly before she verbally expressed it.

I loved the way her brown eyes seemed to twinkle and her cheeks would heat up although her blush wasn't visible I always knew that it was there under her creamy caramel complexion whenever she said those three words. Whenever they rolled off  her lips a warm feeling I'd grown addicted to would course throughout my body setting it on a pleasurable high.

When she said those three words there was never a doubt in my mind that she didn't mean it. I knew she meant it and by her actions I knew that Ava loved me just as much or even more than I did her. Yet that wasn't the reason for my sudden change in mood. The fact that I was going to tell her the truth was.

I was going to tell my wife the truth about everything and look on as the words I would speak broke her heart into a million pieces. A heart that was made out of the finest gold the earth could produce and only the best money could buy. She didn't deserve to be broken.

I was going to break the love of my life's heart beyond repair and as though that wasn't enough for me to brace myself for one thought made my heart stop. She was going to hate me. A thought that was quickly cemented as a fact-a fact that now echoed through my mind.

There wasn't a shadow of a doubt that I loved Ava, something I never went a day without telling her but her growing to hate me after I tell her everything would be understandable. What I did was disgusting and I would be the cause of the possible ending of our marriage. I single handedly destroyed my family and in extension my life.

"You keep zoning out what's wrong?" She asked moving so she straddled my waist. "It's nothing." I mumbled forcing a smile before using my fingers to brush away the inky black curly tendrils that fell into her eyes when she looked down at me. "It doesn't sound like nothing. You look...sad." She mused clearly thinking while she lovingly caressed my stubbled cheek. "Ava I'm fine and I'm not sad." I said boldly hopefully I sounded convincing enough even though every cell in my body was screaming the complete opposite. I wasn't fine and yes I was sad a feeling  that bordered closer to depression.

Even though I was surrounded by all the things that are supposed to bring happiness I felt anything but. I had the sun, the sea,sand,my family and a dream vacation home yet it did nothing to help quell my anxiety that came along with telling  Ava the truth.

"Bentley even though I don't believe you whatever it is you'll tell me when you're ready." She said before leaning in and capturing my lips in a short kiss before she pulled away her face instantly lighting up like a child's on Christmas morning. "He just kicked." She said excited tugging my hand and placing it on her swollen stomach where indeed the movement could be felt beneath my hands. "He?" I asked raising a eyebrow at my beaming wife. "Yes he I know it's a boy this time." She said confidently her hands delicately moving so they sat on mine where they laid motionlessly on her stomach.

"You also thought you were having a boy when you were carrying not one but two beautiful girls." I said smirking when I saw her smile drop before she settled on simply shrugging her shoulders. "We'll just have to wait and see I guess." She whispered before I hungrily captured her lips in mine carefully flipping us so I hovered over her.

🌹✨🌹

I laid silently looking on at my wife as she quickly drifted off to sleep. Even after several rounds of sex I knew that I wasn't going to be getting any sleep so I settled for looking at her in the soft darkness that hung over us while a orange glow threatened to soon take over. Her head rested comfortably on my arm as she laid in a fetal position her small rounded tummy poking out against the silk sheets that covered her naked body.