Chapter Two

"People may not tell you how they feel about you,
but they always show you. Pay attention." - Keri Hilson
________________________________

Chapter Two
__________________
She Loves Adventures

I wanted all the pain to stop, I was always against drinking; especially when Amara did it. But she was gone and I just wanted to numb the pain for a bit. So I dug through my parents liquor cabinet and found a nice bottle of Vodka.

My stomach flipped uneasily as I walked down the sidewalk, it was pitch black out and to say I was terrified was an understatement. I watched too many episodes of Supernatural to know what happens after dark and when your alone.

God, all I wanted was a coffee after crying for hours while downing that bottle of awful Vodka. My head was spinning and it was hard to stand straight. I bet I looked like a real idiot walking down a dark street in the middle of the night in my bunnies onsie that Amara got for me on our birthday.

Turning a corner I come to an alley way and lean against a wall, sliding down the wall I bring my knees to my chest and sob quietly, I just wanted coffee and a horse that I could ride off into the sunset with.

Which was stupid because I hated horses after going on a grade two trip to a farm, we got to feed the horses and nobody told me I had to lay my hand flat. So when the horse nipped at my curled fingers I went home crying, cursing every horse born.

"Hey," A deep voice snapped and my head snapped up, looking around the dark alley way.

My eyes widened when I saw a figure leaning against the wall across from me, "Its not safe being out here at this time of night, pest." The man added and I shrugged my shoulders, closing my eyes when my head started spinning again.

"Care I do not," I retort with a snort, bringing my head back against the wall except I'm an idiot and smashed my head against the brick wall, clutching my head in my hands I let out a little cry of pain.

The man stepped away from the wall, "Pest, are you drunk?" He questioned, there he went again calling me a pest. I try to stifle my giggle but my hand didn't cover my mouth in time. It kind of just hung in the air.

"My sister Amara killed herself and I'm here drunk in a dark alley way with a guy I don't know questioning me and keeps calling me pest. My life's not the greatest right now so if your some sick serial killer can you just kill me and get it over with." I word vomit again and I heard the guy chuckle lightly before stopping short.

He kneeled down in front of me, "Fuck you can talk!" He said more so to himself before gazing back over at me with piercing blue eyes. I could tell his hair was brown from the way the streetlights were shinning down on us, "Wait, your telling me that you are Tessa Wesley?" He questioned and I nodded quietly.

He stood up and held out a hand, "What are you doing out at this time, pest." He asked, his hand still held out for me to take, I stare at it hesitantly. I had nothing to lose.

"I wanted coffee," I whisper, reaching out and grabbing his large hand with my small one. He tugged me up off the ground and I nearly stumble over from the head rush.

The guy snorted, "All coffee shops are closed pest, but I can bring you to a place where they do sell coffee," He muttered, pulling me into his side when I started wandering off. I wanted to explore, I've lived in this stupid city for my whole life and I never took it upon myself to actually go out and explore this place.

I nod my head and follow alongside him, it was a block over and before we reached the entrance I tug on his hand, "What's you're name?" I question, just realizing that I was wandering around with a man I didn't know.