The Past

Aleah’s POV

1 week Later.

I’m starting to regret ever saying yes to Jacquees, ever even going out with him. How am I his soon to be wife and he just keep putting people and things before me, that just makes no sense at all. I should’ve just stayed with DC.\

Me and him had something good, he treated me like a queen. No matter how much hoes showed him attention, he would say he taken. Call me in the middle of the night just so he could hear my voice, I miss those days. Jac does nothing like that anymore… barely even did before.

Right now I was currently walking around in the mall doing some shopping for this trip to DisneyWorld.

We’re all going there for Heaven’s birthday. It’ll be me, Nevaeh, Jacquees, Ashtonn, Issa, DC and Chris. Tevin was gonna come but he had to do something I guess.

But anyways I searching around trying to find this little girl present, I’m thinking about not getting her anything. It seems for these past weeks I’ve been competing with her to get his attention. Why the fuck should I be doing that, it ain’t like she his child.

As I walked I heard a husky voice, once I turned I didn’t see anyone so I just kept walking. Then I kept heating it, once I turned around I saw DC pushing his way through the crowd to get to me.

Once he got over to me he was all out of breath.“W-…. Wassup  miss Broadnax.”

I slightly rolled my eyes at that phrase, he is one of the last things I want to hear about right now. “Hey.”

 “Que with you ?”

“Nah, me and him aren’t exactly talking right now.”

 “Oooo trouble in paradise.”

“I guess you could say that.”

 “Damn, well um you mind if I join you then ?”

 “No.”

Me and him started walking and we talked a bit too, I felt all my problems just melt away. He was even giving me those butterflies in my stomach I got from just looking at him. Kind of felt like old times, I used to be able to talk to him about anything especially my dad.

After a while we got hungry so we went to the food court, I ask him how work was going.  I wasn’t really paying to his response though, I was too lost in thought in ….a fantasy.

I was thinking about our senior prom, I had this gorgeous dress on. It was black and faded into a dark midnight blue, fell all the way to the floor and had a slit on the side.

That night was just amazing ! He made me feel so beautiful, he told me that that was my night and I would never forget it . And I definitely didn’t, we just danced the night away then afterwards went to this hotel downtown.

He slowly undressed me and then we made love, he was the first and only guy I been with in that way. Jacquees still thinks I’m a virgin. I told him I wanted to wait until after marriage.

But anyways back to my main thought, that night I felt as if we made this connection that was unbreakable. It was like we both became one.

I got pulled out of my thought by him snapping in my face. “Hello, Aleah.”

 “Huh ?”

 “I was askin how were things with yo dad.”

i shrugged.  “I talked to him the other day, he starting to apologize and stuff so I guess they’re better. But he like had this blow to the head so ha sa little head trauma. Keeps calling my by my mom’s name and stuff.”

 “Oh well that sounds good.”

“I guess.”

“At least you making progress….. you still be having them nightmares ?”

“No.” As I said that I looked off to the side, of course I still do. I can’t escape the things I’ve seen in my life, everything I went through. They just keep piling up.

He made me face back his way.“You wanna talk about ?”

I nodded. 

I don’t think I’m ever get a chance like this again so I just let everything pour out of me.

We sat there for at least two hours talking, I’m not exactly sure I lost track of time. All I know is that he didn’t care, he never did if I needed him he was there.

After a while I got my things together and started to leave, he came back to my place with me. We just sat back and watched a movie, I snuggled up against him a bit.

DC Durante’s POV

He ain’t doing right by her I already know it, don’t even know why I let her slip away from my fingertips. In just that little bit of time that I got caught up I wound up losing her. And now it’s just too late for me to get her back.

I still remember the first time me and her actually talked, it was at that party. I guess Elijah had called himself trying to get at her at one point or something. I went to check on her to make sure she was okay.

I was just sitting back against the wall scoping the place and chilling with my clique, then she cam stomping over our way she was looking just right too. Her outfit hugged her curves just right, and little performance she and her sister put n already had me on E.

She told me she got his on by his punk ass so I told her to just stick with me. Right then I already felt a connection, we was just holding some crazy ass conversations about anything and everything, I felt as if I knew her for a while.

And as time went on that just grew, I started to fall for her I broke ALL my rules for her.  I even put her before myself, if anybody said shit about her I was at them.

All the times I went out to the club scene I ain’t nothing with any other girls, I always came back to her cause that’s where I belonged.

But then came that one night where I didn’t come back and all hell broke lose. For one when I woke up that morning I didn’t know where the hell I was or how I got there. And when I finally got to her house I seen the front window busted , once I went inside the glass table that lyed in the middle of her living room was just shards of glass shattered around the room.

I went crazy trying to get in touch with everyone, I got no type of replies though. Then I finally found out what happened, her dad got a hold of her.

Later that evening I went to the hospital and saw her there, as soon as she saw me tears cascaded down her cheeks.

She kept crying out I was supposed to be there for her and I was supposed to be the one she trust, and just ended everything.

I couldn’t do anything her mind was made up, somehow she managed to put the blame on me. But as time passed I guess she realized what really went down.

During the movie she had fell asleep, so I picked her up and carried her to her bedroom. Once I was about to leave she grabbed my arm. “Whatever happened to us ?”

I shrugged. 

she sighed.  “I wish I knew, but I guess it’s just in the past.”

 “It doesn’t have to be.” Without even thinking straight I leaned down and kissed her and it just felt so right. She grabbed me by my shirt and pulled me down to the bed, I felt her hands slide under it then she yanked it off of me. I started to tug at her clothes, then we were both out of ours….