It Kills Me

Naveah’s POV

Tuesday in school.

I haven’t really been talking to Elijah and he ain’t even attempt to call me or anything. I’m not sure what to do at this point. A part of me is saying let him go while another refuses to do just that. But he crossed the line once he slapped me, the insults I can take but that right there is just too much. But I still can’t help but to love him and I don’t know why. My friends say he no good and to just leave him alone, they never steered me wrong before but I think I should just stick this out.

Me,  Ash, and Jac were all at our lockers, they just happen to be right by each other. I was basically explaining everything that went down this weekend to Ashtonn. Like always she rants at me and has something to say that I d*mn sure don’t want to hear.

“Why are you letting his sorry a** do this to you ? Man come on get yo head out of the f*cking clouds he does you like dirt.” She said.

 “No you just don’t understand.”  I said as I placed my books in my locker.

 “No, you don’t understand what he doing to you.”

I shot my locker and turned to her. “Just stop it man.”

 “N-“

 “Ash just calm down.” Jacquees said cutting her off.

 “No ! She need to kn-“

Jacquees shot her a look, one that is usually known as the “Shut the fuck up look.”

Ashtonn sighed. “Look Nae you know you my girl I just can’t stand this sh*t no more.”

 “You my girl too, but just let me handle this on my own I know what I’m doing.” I said with a sure tone.

 “Fine gone head, but don’t expect me to still not say sh*t.”

I chuckled. “I know not to.”

 “Come here girl.” She said as she opened her arms, pulling me into a hug,  “I’m just tryna look out for you.”

 “I know.” I said hugging back.

Me and Ashtonn both reached over and pulled Jacquees in as well just for the fun of it, I love when we have moments like this. Cause it proves we got some real sh*t, can’t nun breaks us three apart.

I heard somebody clear their throat behind us, I turned to see Elijah standing there.

 “What the f*ck you want ?” Ashtonn asked looking him up and down, placing her hands on her hips.

 “Mind yo business.” Elijah sneered.

 “B*tch she is my business n-“

 “Ash stop it.” I said calmly, she rolled her eyes, I just ignored that and turned to Elijah. “Wat you want ?”

 “We need to talk.”

 “I’m listening.”

He tried to start talking then I noticed out of the corner of my eye Jac and As was giving him the death stare. I guess it started to bug him.  “Come over here so we can talk.”

"Whatever." Me and him walked off to the side.

Ashtonn’s POV

I swear if she take his a** back I’ma go off, he definitely did too much now. I’m mean n*gga you put your hands on her. I wish I was there I would’ve cut his a** deep. He just a little f*cking h*e and I don’t see how she don’t see it. I’ve gave her so much proof over the past going on two years. He basically kind of does it right in her face. No matter how much liable proof I got she doesn’t believe it.

Me and Jac just stood there watching them two talk, I could tell it was really upsetting him. It seems to bother him A LOT, more than it does me. A little too much sometimes, I’ma have to see what that’s about though.

 “What’s on yo mind ?” I asked as I leant against the lockers.

“Nothing.” He replied with a stale tone.

 “Come on muf*cka it’s me you talking to, what’s on your mind shawty ?”

He let out a small dry chuckle. “Seriously it’s nun.”

I started to do that little thing that Nae does to get him to crack. I think my puppy dog face is way better than hers I guess I’ma find out.

He gave me this weird ook. “What are you doing ?"

 “Come on tell me wats wong.” I said mocking a baby voice.

“Ain’t nothing wrong with me.”

-.- It didn’t work but it always works for her a**….Jac continued to observe  their conversation while I studied his face. He had this look in his eyes and I started to realize what was wrong with him. He loves her, well of course he loves her but I’m mean like LOVE her.  I know it must break his heart so see her going through cause it kills me too.

 “You know you could do her so much better.”

 “Huh ?” He questioned.

 “You could do her better.” I repeated.

“What you mean ?”

 “I know you like her Jac.”

He sighed. “Is it that obvious ?”

“Not exactly, but it kind of is right now.”

 “……I don’t see why she let herself go through this, it’s just stupid.”

 “Why don’t you tell her how you feel, if anybody can bring an end to this it’s you.”

 “That’s why.” He said pointing straight ahead.

I looked over and saw Elijah and Naveah kissing, I sighed in disappointment. “You gonna have to do it someday, you can’t keep all that bottled up.”

 “I don’t think it’s gonna be anytime soon.”

"Come on you got to do something y-"

He cut me off, "I try so many times Ash it never works and it just kills me cause she know deep down that he ain't the one yet she stays around." He said with a bit of an edge to his voice, I’m guessing I should just drop the subject. 

Navaeh walked back over to us.

 “So y’all still together ?” I asked stating the obvious.

She nodded, “He didn’t mean it an-“

 “And what he sorry he never gonna do it again, bull sh*t!” He slammed his locker then walked away.

 “What’s his problem ?” She asked looking at me confused.

 “Ask yourself sweetie.”

 "What's that supposed to mean ?"

I sighed in frustration. "Nothing,  you just need to open your eyes and see some things."

She really does, cause this is just a big ass cycle now and  not does she has to go through the motions but me and Jacquees as well. It’s too f*cking overwhelming having her call at all hours of the night crying and sh*t  because of Elijah STD walking a**.