24. Pain is Part of Life

Start from the beginning

Francesco shook his head and walked to the door and called out to his main head of security " Get me Antonio Pablo."

Minutes later, Antonio showed up looking sleepy. As he entered the room and found a rageful looking Francesco pacing the floor, he knew something was wrong. He closed the door and slowly walked in. " Boss. You called."

Francesco stayed silent while pacing the floor for minutes. He then finally spoke " Angelo is a spy. He is Ambrogio's spy. He is now gone. He has run away."

Antonio was looking at Francesco with disbelief " Boss.... That's impossible... How could anyone get to him. He was always watched 24 hours a day just like Adele was all these years."

Francesco laughed bitterly " This happened when we stopped watching him and he was appointed as an employee. He must have been contacted by Ambrogio in the past few days. It's not too hard to imagine that he was contacted last night. Amongst the people we captured alongside Amaranta, one was missing. Amaranta had a female bodyguard. She went missing. I think she must have disgusted herself last night. I don't know as a singer, actress, whatever. She must have gotten to Angelo last night. At my mansion, no spy can penetrate. We both know that. I want that woman found. I want that female bodyguard brought to me. I know she has a cousin in New York who runs a casino. She must be hiding there."

Antonio spoke " But wouldn't Angelo be where she is?"

Francesco spoke. " Not necessarily. If I was Ambrogio I wouldn't let Angelo be accompanied by any familiar faces or anyone that may have been identified. I bet Ambrogio ordered someone new to get Angelo and take him where he wants to go and the female bodyguard must have gone a separate way. Whatever her name was... Sapphire. That's her code name. She must be hiding So she can't be found by us to give us information and Angelo must be transferred to his safe destination with a new face."

Antonio spoke " Boss... Are we safe at this hotel. Should we transfer to the mansion immediately?"

Francesco spoke " Of course. Who do you think Ambrogio is? He is nothing in this country. He has no resources except a few spies. He could never get past the security that Sancia has put in place. By the way the Giovannis are our allies now in case you forgot. O'Neil woke up last night from his coma. Sergio, Sancia's brother contacted me and assured me that we should restore the alliance since Sancia is no danger to Costanzo now that her husband has come to life. So here we go. You can ask our so called allies Sancia to give you both Giovanni based resources and O'Neils contacts. Angelo escaped from Sancia's hotel so she must offer her resources as an apology and of course she can't deny us forces since we are allies."

Antonio nodded " Anything else boss before I leave for this mission to locate Sapphire?"

Francesco spoke " Don't fail me. Simple as that. Either get me saphire or Angelo. Either one will do. Both are the same in my eyes. Both are working and sympathising with the man who wants to take Adele away. Also don't tell Georgina anything. She may tell Adele. I will tell Adele that Angelo is gone but I will tell her slowly and gently. I don't want her to go into shock finding out about Angelo going AWOL from anyone else but me. I will tell her. If anyone asks where Angelo is, you will say, he is at the mansion doing his medical related duties. Is that understood?"

Antonio nodded " Yes boss."

Francesco spoke " Dismissed.... And go to Costanzo and tell him everything. But his duty is at the hotel He is an expert in spotting any irregularities and strange events. Tell him to patrol the corridors and keep an eye out around the hotel until we leave. But I doubt Sancia's security here has flaws. I think Angelo managed to get away because he simply must have walked out. No one would have stopped him. I confirmed that with the guards at the door before you came to this room. He had popped out to go to the late night bar across the street. No one suspected him to run away. Now that's clear as day that Angelo left by his own will since he wrote a note with Ambrogio's initials written all over it. Now leave and don't come back without some captives that have some answers."

Antonio nodded " Yes boss." He then left the room leaving Francesco behind in his deep thoughts. Antonio felt so sorry for Adele. He hoped she was strong enough to endure witnessing her brother getting hurt at Francesco's hands for real. Betrayal was the highest crime in that organisation. Antonio couldn't believe how foolish Angelo must have been to think he could cross Francesco and get away with it.

Francesco shortly after left the room and walked to his hotel room. He found the room to be empty and he could hear Adele in the shower. He sat down on the bed and thought back at the situation at hand. He really didn't even need to interrogate anybody to know Ambrogio's plan. But still there could be some information coming out of any captives Antonio could bring back. Francesco was certain Ambrogio planned to use Angelo either as a hostage to free Amaranta or he wanted to send Angelo as a familiar face to abduct Adele. Either scenario made Francesco's blood boil. He balled his hands into fists and cursed at that traitor.

Adele came out of the bathroom with soaking wet hair wearing a white dress. She noticed Francesco's hardened expression and became concerned " Francesco ... What is the matter? Is everything ok." She walked to Francesco and looked at him with worried eyes.

Francesco forced himself to give Adele a smile " It's nothing you should worry about sweetheart. It's something I need to be concerned with. It's about your safety and security. But don't worry. Everything is under control." He then stood up and embraced Adele whispering " I will never let anyone hurt you. I will never let anyone come between us. I will use everything in my power to keep us together. I am capable of protecting the woman I love. I know I am."

Adele was confused. She tried to pull away but Francesco's tight and forceful embrace kept her in position. She wasn't complaining. His touch was so gentle and calming. She enjoyed the loving and possessive way Francesco was holding her but she could tell something was wrong since Francesco was all tensed up.

Adele whispered " Whatever it is I am sure we can handle it."

Francesco whispered back " I know I can sweetheart. I know I can."

"But you can't Adele", Francesco told himself. Adele was going to break to pieces the minute she found out about Angelo turning into a traitor. It was going to break her heart. Francesco knew all about broken hearts.

Adele spoke " Will you tell me what is going on or is it to do with business or its a personal matter."

Francesco sighed " Now it's the wrong time to be curious sweetheart. Lets go to breakfast." He then pulled away and held Adele's hand in his " Follow me now darling. We have a date awaiting us after breakfast. I take it, you have worn your swim suit underneath your white dress. Is that correct?"

Adele nodded " Yes I did... But can't we talk about what's bothering you."

Francesco shrugged " If you are a good girl, I might tell you. Now follow me."

Adele complied and allowed to be lead outside the room by Francesco. She had a bad feeling at the bottom her stomach. But she brushed it aside. Afterall this life alongside Francesco was going to be full of pain and heartache. She knew it when she had said yes to him the night before and had put that beautiful ring on her finger, she had signed up to a long life full of heartache, difficult choices and painful decisions. She knew what she was letting herself into and anything that life threw at her, she was determined to face. She had no other choice.

Francesco's mind was filled with plans about how to make Angelo pay. Through out the long walk to the breakfast hall, he was thinking of his many ways he was going to torture Angelo and the visions of Angelo in pain and screaming his lungs out made Francesco smile in satisfaction. No one was allowed to pose any threats towards his angel and get away with it. No one. Not even her brother. Francesco Rosario had many qualities and capabilities but forgiveness and tendency to show mercy were not his best qualities.