Now I Know

POV: Cora

"I already feel happier. My life has been turned around, I've cut Sean from my life, met Amadeus and our relationship has grown into something truly beautiful. I haven't told Sarah or Jason yet, but I hope they like the idea of Amadeus and I together, because I honestly have never felt happier," I speak into my iPod. "I'm so grateful that God let us meet, he knew we needed each other. He knew Sean wasn't good for me, I just didn't know it myself."

I plug in my iPod on the charger and flop down on my bed. As I lose myself in my tornado of thoughts, I slowly begin to drift off to sleep.

I awake to the sound of a phone ringing, I roll over and answer it.

"Hello?"

"Hey," I recognize the voice as Sarah's, "I woke you up didn't I?"

"Yea, haha, what's up?"

"Well," she speaks excitedly, "I wanted to congratulate you, I heard you and Amadeus became an item not too long ago.." She trails off.

"Thank you." I laugh.

"Yea," she hitnts sadness in her voice.

"Sarah, how is Sean doing?" I ask. I know it isn't any of my concern, but I am concerned for all people.

"He's okay. He'll make it, just still pretty hurt I guess."

"Well, I guess that's good. Just let me know if anything gets too serious."

"I will," she answers before hanging up.

It worries me, the way Sarah hung up abruptly. I hope she's okay...

~~~

The next Sunday, Amadeus comes over as he always does after church. The sky is blue and there's a soft breeze blowing. Fall was always one of my favorite seasons.

"Do you want to go for a walk?" Amadeus asks.

I nod in response, grabbing my shoes and walking out the door.

We walk to my old elementary school, and the memories come rushing back.

When the teachers let the kids out for recess, everybody would race to the swings, or to meet up with a group of friends. I told this to Amadeus and my experiences here at this school. I told him about the tree I always climbed, the area we played kick ball in, how life was at the school, everything.

We walked around the play area a bit longer before coming to a stop in front of a slide. Amadeus rested his hands on my sides and pulled me into a hug. I had to stand on my toes so he wouldn't have to bend over.

In one sudden movement, he licked the tip of my nose as a silly gesture. Stupid me thought he was going for a kiss, so I puckered up a bit, soon realizing that was not his intention.

No no no stupid why did you do that!! I silently scold myself. My cheeks turn red.

Amadeus giggles at my embarassment, "Do you want to?" He asks in a soft voice, pressing his forehead to mine.

I whisper "sure" loud enough for him to hear, still embarrassed. I try to look away for a moment, but Amadeus takes his fingers, lifting my chin up slightly so I can make eye contact with him.

Those beautiful blue eyes twinkle as he slowly leans in, our lips meeting for the first time. I inhale sharply and close my eyes. It's almost as if I could feel every inch of stress melt away at that very moment.

My brain ventures back to the numerous times when I would wonder what his lips felt like, how soft they may be. Let alone, if I woud ever be able to kiss him.

Now I know.

We slowly pull away, still our faces are only inches apart. The biggest smile creeps onto my face as I laugh. Amadeus laughs too, hugging me once more. 

"I love you," he tells me.

"I love you too," I answer.