chapter six.

jamal jumps down from the last stair, his knees bunched in is cotton bedded track sweats. the thick coat along with the four thermo shirts underneath make his arms stick out as he runs, attempts, to the kitchen where he knew his baba was, little feet padding against the wooden part of the floor.

he stands in front of his daddy, smile wide with his bottom fangs missing. "can i go outside? i'm feeling a lot better today."

zayn looks down, taking leah's food out of the microwave before closing it, "i don't know, i think you should rest one more day. just to make sure."

jamal whines, his padded shoulders slumped in a disappointed way. "baba, please, i'm feeling great. i won't stay out long, i promise."

zayn sighs, walking into the dining room connected to the kitchen, putting the small plate of food in front of the rowdy two year old.

"alright, but only for 10 minutes and then you have to do the homework papa got for you, since you didn't do it yesterday."

jamal grins, jumping up with glee and sprints out of the room, nearly bumping into liam on his way out. liam only glances at his son as he walks over to his lover, his smile wide on his face. "there's the baba of my children."

zayn only hums in response, waddling back into the kitchen to clean up the mess he made, making leah's food. liam stops him from doing so by sliding in front of him, smile still bright and present on his face.

zayn looks up at his boyfriend curiously, slightly annoyed at the fact that he's being interrupted from his task, "what?"

"you're looking beautiful today," liam ignores zayn's question as he grabs onto his waist, pulling him as close as zayn's bump would let him.

"what do you want, liam? i'm kind of busy right now."

"well, maybe you should stop being busy for a moment."

"why?"

"i kind of need your help," liam says unsurely and zayn pulls away from his grip, turning around to clean up the small mess on the counter behind him.

"with what?"

liam doesn't answer, only presses himself against zayn's back, hooking his chin over the shorter lad's shoulder and oh. zayn turns around, looking liam incredulously in the eye while furrowing his eyebrows together.

"liam, what the fuck?"

liam sighs, running a nervous hand through his hair as he avoids zayn's judging stare, "i know, i went to take a nap and i woke up and there it was."

"well," zayn starts, his eyes trailing down to the thick bulge outlined in liam's sweats, gray ones at that, "go fix it or something, i don't know why you're telling me." zayn forces himself to look liam back into his eyes, scratching at his arm subconsciously.

liam looks at him with an amused expression, grabbing onto the counter on either side of zayn, leaning into his space, "because maybe i want you to help me fix it."

zayn makes a noise, shaking his head as he places his hand onto liam's chest, which for some reason just became much more defined, "liam-"

liam ignores his hand as he pushes himself more into zayn, tilting his head to hover his lips over zayn's. zayn only shakes his head once again, actually trying to push liam back this time to which liam obliges defeatedly.

"i'm nine months pregnant, liam. i'm not about to bend over or get down on my knees, you're crazy. you can go take care of that yourself."

liam groans, dropping his head down onto zayn's shoulder and sighing dramatically before he lifts his head back up, looking zayn dead into his eyes, "you just wait until that baby comes out." he grumbles, pulling himself away from his lover and turning to walk out of the room.

"why? so you can just put another one in there?" zayn calls out after him.

***

"vroom, vroom! beep, beep, beep! construction stuff coming through, get out of the way!" the toy truck in jamal's calloused, mitten-covered hands moves along the bumpy wood chips of the small park in their town house complex.

the park had been built not too long ago, most likely when leah was still in her daddy's stomach and it has been the jamal's favorite spot ever since.

jamal's toys scattered around him in the small corner of the playground he was in as he ignored the roughness of his throat as he played with them.

"hey," a voice called out from in front of him, "are you playing with toys?" jamal looks up, eyeing the young kid, possibly around his age, standing in front of him. jamal stands up, brushing the wood chips stuck on his sweats as he nods his head at the slightly taller boy.

"yeah, you want to play?" jamal asks cheerfully.

"no, toys are for babies. i play with my nintendo DS and wii, that's for big kids."

"oh," jamal rubs at the back of his neck, the flush of embarrassment staining his cheeks to match the redness of his nose from the cold. "well, my parents might be getting me a playstation for my birthday."

the kid nods his head, bottom lip sticking out to match his impressed face, "that's cool, my name's donald," he says, sticking out his chubby little hand.

"jamal," he shakes the kids hand, watching curiously as donald scrunches his face up.

"that's a weird name. i'm gonna call you jam, like the stuff you put on bread after you toast it."

jamal bites his lip, "um, okay, i guess?"

"you're pretty cool, jam. i think you're cool enough to do some of the cool stuff that i do. have you ever played ding dong ditch?"

jamal shakes his head.

"well, i have a lot to teach you, jam."

another one. || ziam mpreg On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara