chapter three.

"i'm sorry, i love you."

"oh."

"i didn't mean it like that, i swear."

"okay."

"you look beautiful, you always look beautiful ."

"cool."

liam sighs as he sits on the edge of the bed, watching his lover fold the clean laundry as zayn pays no attention, neatly folding the mickey mouse underwear and setting them nicely in the corner.

liam sighs louder, causing zayn to divert his attention to him for a split second to send his boyfriend a quick glare and liam internally grins at the reaction, something he hasn't been able to pull out of the moody lad.

he stands up from the bed to make his way behind the shorter lad, hooking his chin over his shoulder and zayn makes a noise, annoyed by the contact. liam tries his boundaries  though, and places his hands on zayn's bloated waist, placing a soft peck on the side of zayn's neck.

zayn grunts in disapproval, sending him a sharp look over his shoulder which liam takes the opportunity to give him a quick kiss. he huffs as his annoyance level rises and liam tries to test him again, spinning him around and interrupting him from his house work.

he takes a deep breath, to try and calm the irritation settled in his veins and he sends liam a disgruntled look to which liam smiles weakly at.

"you're cute, y'know that?" liam asks and zayn doesn't even bother to answer, only glaring hard at his significant other as the fury within him rises.

"every single part of you," liam continues nonetheless and leans down, pressing a soft kiss to almost every part of his face, making sure to linger a kiss on his frowning lips.

"i have never been so infatuated with someone in my entire life, never been so in love with every part of someone." he presses another kiss to zayn's lips to which this time zayn gives slight response to it, feeling his anger simmer down just a bit.

"now i'm sorry that i said that your clothes were looking a little tight, "the grimace on zayn's face reappears, "but i thought it was cute, do you really think i would impregenate you with six kids if i weren't in love with the fact you're all swollen up with my baby?" liam asks, moving his hand up from zayn's waist to his baby bump.

zayn shrugs as a light shadow of red dusts over his cheeks and liam smiles, "you're beautiful to me, jaan. you always were, and always will be." liam mumbles, staring intensely into zayn's eyes as he speaks. "i'm so madly in love with you, you could be the size of a hippo and i'd still think you were the most beautiful creature alive." he says as he moves his hand up to caress zayn's cheek.

zayn's bottom lip pokes out, trembling at the slightest as liam cups his face in the palm of his hands, "but i am the size of a hippo," he whispers as his eyes become a bit damp.

liam shakes his head and places a soft kiss on the protruding lip, "no, baby, you're not the size of a hippo. you're the size of my cute pregnant boyfriend who always wins the cutest baby bump contest." liam smiles, "since it's the perfect size."

zayn sighs, leaning into his lover's touch as he places his hands over liam's, "i hate you sometimes," he grumbles and liam laughs, pressing his lips against zayn's.

the kiss is cut short by a few tiny knocks on the door and the latter pulls away, "come in."

jamal opens the door, looking at his parents professionally, "good evening, the wonderful reasons for my existence." he greets, a large paper roll tucked under his arm, "i am sorry to interrupt.. whatever's going on in here, but i have a proposterzition."

liam furrows his eyebrows, his arm wrapped loosely around zayn's waist, "a what?" he asks, staring at his son in confusion.

"a proposterzition." he says again with certainty. zayn laughs, his hand resting subconsciously on his stomach,

"do you mean proposition?" he questions, adoration laced in his words. jamal flushes and nods his head quickly, regaining his confidence,

"um yeah," he mumbles, "please, have a seat, this will only take a short period of your time." he motions for them to sit, then pins the large white poster to their wall once they sit on the edge of the bed.

he reaches into the back pocket of his suit, (his james bond costume from last halloween), and pulls out his green toy light saber, pulling it up into it's full form.

liam and zayn exchange a quick look before jamal paces back and forth in front of them, starting his prepared speech, "for almost a year now, i have endured and learned during my seventh year of life," he fixes his clip-on tie, "i have experienced, and mourned, r.i.p mr. whiskers, may your soul rest in goldfish heaven." he says, looking thoughtfully up at the ceiling. liam lets out a small snort and zayn hits him in his arm.

"i have matured to the finest degree," he shoots a smug look at his parents, proud of his high leveled word choice and zayn sends him a thumbs up. he walks over to the large poster and looks at his parents, pointing at the paper with his light saber and then doing it again when he realizes it's in the wrong spot.

the toy is pointed to a big colorful and slightly crooked '8', with many exclamation points around it, "as we all know, soon enough i will be exiting out of my seventh year of life and many memories will tag along, as i enter," he pauses, staring intently at his parents, "drum roll please," he says, dropping his voice an octave. liam and zayn drum their hands on their thighs, liam doing a sound with his mouth to add onto the effect,

"the big eight!" jamal says enthusiasticly, raising his hands in the air, "yes, you heard it right, folks! i will be eight years old," liam gasps to add onto the moment.

"not eight!" liam says dramatically, causing jamal to point his saber at him.

"yes, father! i will be eight years old. i'll be practictally a teenager," he fixes his tie proudly, "anyways, since i will be eight, i feel as if i am old enough now for," he points his saber at the poorly drawn gaming system, that was also surrounded by exclamation points, "the beautiful, the enticing... the playstation." jamal ends, looking at his parents once again.

"now i know what you must be thinking, 'you have to be nine and up to get such a magnificent creation,'" he mocks, what sounds like liam, "but that's where you're wrong, my loving parents. i watched my goldfish, die." he says slowly, whispering die. zayn and liam let out a sad sigh and jamal knows he's won them over, "this has forced me to my mature age and i think it would be apropriated if you could invest in such a creation to show me that you understand my forced maturarity." he finishes, putting his hands behind his back.

"i don't need an answer right now, but i just want you to think, ponder over it maybe," he turns around, taking his poster off of the wall, "thank you for your time," he says before exiting the room.

zayn and liam watch him go, sitting in silence for a moment before liam speaks up, "he gets that dramaticness from you." he jokes, causing zayn to slap his arm again.

"shut up."