chapter five.

"no babe, two ply. yeah, uh huh- make sure it's charmin, no not that one i said two ply. you know the kids will pull too much if it's too thin."

"yeah, right okay. make sure you get the rainbow goldfish, leah won't eat the regular ones for some reason. don't forget jamal's medicine either, yeah he's coughing really bad. i think that's it-what? no, i'm good babe. i just made some soup so we're good. no, amir's not throwing up anymore but he's peeing a lot. yeah might be the flu, we'll wait it out till tomorrow. alright babe, love you, see you soon."

zayn presses the red button on his phone, throwing it on aisha's bed as he finshes pulling up leah's cartoon covered panties, his lip tucked between his teeth as he grabs her long sleeved shirt off her mini bed.

the two-year old glares at zayn, mini arms crossed against her chest as she pokes out her bottom lip in an angry way.

"i say no panty!"

zayn smiles, unraveling the shirt as he prepares to slip it over her head, "big girls wear their panties, lele." leah tries to scoffs, lifting her hands in the air when zayn tells her to do so.

he slips the shirt over her head, helping her put her arms through the holes before he taps her little bum lightly. she continues to glare at him, her mini hands going to his shoulders when he has her put her legs through her sweats.

"not this big girl!" she snaps and zayn gathers her into his arms, pulling the child into his chest as he kisses the top of her head. he pulls her back just a little to smile at her adoringly, "how about this, when it's not so cold i'll let this big girl run around in her panties only, but she has to keep her panties on."

leah lifts her hand off her daddy's shoulder, tapping thoughtfully at her chin as she consider's zayn's proposal. she nods her head, putting her hand out like she's trying to initiate a hand shake. zayn takes the little hand into his own, shaking it to close the deal but leah shakes her head, furrowing her eyebrows in confusion.

"what you doing daddy? where fish? no hand, fish. gimme fish."

zayn withdraws his hand from hers, snorting slightly as he grabs her arms to push her back a little. he grabs his phone from off aisha's bed, putting it into liam's hoodie's pocket before putting both of his hands on the bed as he pushes himself  up from his sitting position to stand up.

"papa is getting your fish right now, okay?"

leah only grumbles, slumping her shoulders as she makes her way out of the room, little feet stomping on her way out.

zayn shakes his head, subconsciously placing his hand on his swollen stomach before he makes his out of the room as well, heading into the boy's shared room to check on them.

jamal's bronchitis had come back and it was acting up really bad. with the chronic coughing and the his loss of voice, there was no way zayn was going to let jamal go to school. zayn wasn't sure what was wrong with amir though, the little boy woke up during the night throwing up a lot  and he started peeing a lot also. his irritable attitude didn't help at all either, but zayn let it past considering his current stare.

"hey, papa's coming around with your medicine, alright, jamal?"

jamal only nods his heads, a heavy cough leaving his lips as he pulls the covers up over his body. he didn't even bother talking, the scratchiness in his voice preventing him from doing so.

zayn makes his way over to amir's bed, sitting down on the edge of it as he pushes the little boys fringe back from his hair, his dark brown eyes looking up at zayn, strongly resemembling liam's.

"hey bud, how are you doing? are you ready to eat yet? i made your favorite soup, clam chowder."

amir scowls up at zayn when he mentions food, shaking his head as he shivers into his bed. he makes a disapproving  sound instead of talking, shaking his head some more. zayn only sighs, running his fingers through aamir's curly brown hair.

"do you feel like throwing up again?" amir shakes his head again and zayn nods his head. he grabs the bottle of dayquil off of the nightstand the two share.

"okay, well the medicine should kick in pretty soon." he spots the blanket clutched in his son's hands, raising his eyebrows as he realizes how dirty it is, "do you mind if i wash your blanket, bub? it's getting kinda dirty."

amir only looks at his dad, furrowing his eyebrows after a moment and shaking his head, hiding his face in his pillow as his grip on the blanket tightens.

zayn sighs, leaving the room. he should've known that amir wasn't going to give up the blanket right when he asked. the triplet has been obsessed with his blanket since he came out the womb. he used to carry it around everywhere at all times but somehow zayn and liam reduced him to only sleep with it or only use it at home, since the teacher didn't enjoy one of her students carrying a blankie around everywhere they went.

zayn waddles downstairs slowly, taking a slow step at a time until he finally reaches the bottom, sighing softly when he does. he stands at the staircase for a second, enjoying the limited noise since the girls were at school and the boys were too sick to cause chaos. his eyebrows furrow at how quiet it actually is though and he turns to leah, who is sat on the couch drawn into an episode of doc. mcstuffins.

"le, where's echo?"

leah only looks at him, shrugging her little shoulders before she turns her attention back to the tv, "dunno, assha said echo go."

zayn doesn't have a chance to ask what she means when he hears the front door open. an automatic smile appears on his face as he watches his boyfriend walk in, target bags tight in his hands before he heads in the kitchen to set them down. zayn waddles after him, placing his hand on his stomach again as he makes his way into the kitchen.

liam finishes pulling the stuff out of the bags, bunching the bags together when he's done and putting them in one of the lower drawers of the kitchen. "hey, babe," he walks over to zayn, leaning down to peck the smaller boy's lips, "can't stay long, my lunch break is almost over. you called in right? told them why you couldn't come?"

zayn nods his head, lifting his hand to fix liam's tie before he tugs down on it to give liam another kiss, "yeah, i told them i might not come in tomorrow either if amir's not any better."

right after zayn speaks they both hear a toilet flush coming from upstairs and liam sighs, pulling away from zayn.

"alright well," liam walks over to the items displayed on the counter, "i got the two ply toilet paper, charmin, like you said. there's the goldfish, rainbow, not regular. there's jamal's medicine and i got you some pickles and mayo if your cravings kick in. that's everything right?" liam questions and zayn smiles, looking up at liam before nodding his head.

"yeah, that's it," he leans up to kiss liam one more time and motions towards the door, "now get out of here, i don't want you being late. don't forget the girls get out 10 minutes earlier because of the teacher conference, okay?"

liam nods his head as he makes his way out of the kitchen, zayn following behind him so he can see liam out.

"alright, i'll see you later, love you." liam says as he walks out the front door.

"i love you too, bye jaan!"

lame