Chapter Twenty Nine - The Winter Wonderland

Chapter Twenty Nine:

Once I finally arrive home from school, I throw myself onto the couch and make myself comfortable. All I want to do is sleep.

"Today was the longest day ever." I mumble, searching for the TV remote.

"Well I'm sorry to hear that." I hear a laugh from behind me, causing me to jump from my spot.

"Jeydon!" I shout. "You scared me!"

He laughs again, holding his hands up in defense. "Sorry, I thought you knew I was here." He sits down next to me and snakes his arms around my waist. "What took you so long to get here? I missed you."

I giggle. "I just saw you a couple of hours ago."

He smirks. "Well our parents aren't back from work yet so it's just you and me."

I wrap my arms around his neck and pull him closer.

"Perfect." I whisper, my lips brushing against his.

He begins softly planting kisses on my neck and trailing them up to my lips. I let out a soft moan. This encourages him to keep going. Just as his lips touch mine, the doorbell rings. I quickly pull away from him as he lets out a groan.

"I was hoping they wouldn't be back home until another hour."

"You and me both." I sigh, getting up from the couch to answer the door.

When I open the door, I find Jason standing in front of me, holding a bouquet of flowers in his hand. My forehead scrunches in confusion. What was he doing here?

"Hey, Abby." He smiles.

"Hi,"

"Here, these are for you." He holds out the flowers.

"Thank you." I smile.

Why is he randomly showing up at my house with flowers? Although, I have to admit, I think it's really sweet. I take them and set them on the counter beside me.

"So, are you ready?" He asks.

Ready? What exactly is he talking about?

"For what?"

"I thought you said you were going to show me around New York?"

I face palm myself. How could I have forgotten that just yesterday I said I would give him a tour of New York. Now I feel bad for forgetting. Even though I don't have feelings for Jason, he is still my friend.

"Right! I can't believe I almost forgot. Can you just give me a second?"

He nods. "Sure."

I close the front door and Jeydon gets up from the couch

. "You still didn't break up with him, did you?"

I sigh, shaking my head. "I'm so sorry! I forgot. I'll just show him around New York and then break up with him right after. I did promise to give him a tour, anyway."

He sighs. "Allright. But, I think I might need a little something for my waiting."

I raise an eyebrow. "Like what?"

"I don't know..maybe this?"

He grabs onto my hand, pulling me to him and his lips crash against mine. I smile through the kiss as our lips move together. This is who I wanted, not Jason.

I pull back, catching my breath. "I'll see you later."

I run my fingers through my hair before going back to the door and opening it for Jason. He smiles when he sees my face. Can he tell that I just made out with my stepbrother? Wait, of course he can't. Why am I being so paranoid?