Chapter 6:Explantation

After we had collected our reward for clearing out the monsters in the village, we started on the way back home. Happy came over to me and rested on my shoulder, looking at me.

"Neva, do you and Rose live anywhere?" He questioned, innocence in his voice, but I knew what he was trying to do.

"No, we don't, actually. We lived in the forest." Rose explained and I glanced at her, a warning in my eyes.

"Then you guys should live with Natsu and I! Remember when you used to, Neva?" Happy questioned, hopefulness in his eyes. The memories of living with Natsu and Happy came flooding back and I blushed. "Natsu, can they?" Happy asked Natsu, and I looked over at Natsu, who had his arms folded behind his head.

"Are you sure she just won't run away again?" Natsu questioned and my heart stung at the venom in his voice. Before I could say anything, Gray grabbed at Natsu's collar; anger was on Gray's face.

"Natsu, what the hell is your problem? If I remember correctly, Neva was your best friend. You should be happy she's came back at all. I wouldn't want to stick around anymore if I had to keep dealing with you being this way." Gray said sternly, and I blinked in surprise. Natsu glared at him, that famous pissed off look on his face.

"I'm sorry that when she left, I was a mess." He looked at me, hurt in his eyes. He came up to me, nearly brushing past me when he said: "You left me for a long time, I don't know why you expect me to act like everything is okay. You have no idea how lonely I was when you left me." He breezed past me, his hands clenched into fists, his hair standing on edge.

I started to go after him, but Erza stopped me and shook her head. "Let him cool off. You remember how he gets." She said and I nodded. Happy flew after Natsu, promising to bring him back after his temper had settled.
I sighed and looked at everyone. "I feel like I should explain to you guys why I left Fairy Tail."

"If you would rather not, it's perfectly fine Neva. But we would like to know." Erza said, looking at me with a small smile. I ended up telling them everything with my dad, and how I was scared he would come after Fairy Tail if he ever found me. He was a powerful man after all. I felt tears well in my eyes, and was surprised when Gray and Erza hugged me.

"You're family, no matter what!" Wendy said, smiling. I looked at her with a smile, happy that they weren't mad at me. I was going to tell Natsu soon enough, he deserved to know alone.