[iii.v. desperado]

"I'm not tryna go against you. Actually, I'm going with you..."
___

"Hey."

"Yeah?"

"I wanna leave," Calum says, with Royce pinned against the wall behind them.

He'd rather be anywhere but here in Jesse Fisher's house with other people he didn't care about and of course he'd only just fucking arrived to find that fucking idiot, Liam Payne, trying to push up on Royce.

"You wanna leave? Let's leave," he says, voice barely above a whisper as his forehead rests against Royce's and he's overcome with the urge to kiss her.

He does.

She's blinking rapidly and Calum hopes he hasn't stepped out of bounds by doing that.

He just really wanted to kiss her.

"Please?" He's begging, now. "Let's leave."

She looks confused. "You just got here."

Calum stares at his shoes because he can't bring himself to face her reaction to the truth he's incapable of holding in, "I only came for you."

But, his heart starts beating because Royce is smiling. "I didn't drive, though."

He shakes his head, "We don't have to go far. We can come back and leave with everybody...When Lola does. Just..." His eyes fall to her lips. He licks his own, "Let's just go."

"Where do you wanna go?"

His lips are so close to hers it's like he can taste her. "Wherever," he replies. "Just not here."

And to his surprise, Royce nods. "Okay."

He blinks. "Okay?"

"Yeah. Let's go."

__

Calum is like, really happy.

Like, he's kind of psyched Royce has agreed to this.

And Luke can tell.

Because he knew Calum was into Royce.

But, like this?

Nah. 

Not like this. 

"Sweet," Calum replies, and he bites on his lip as he slips his hand into Royce's, practically dragging her from the kitchen. "Let's get the fuck outta here."

Royce is laughing behind him. "Where's there to go? We're in The Bluffs."

"I know," Calum groans, causing her to laugh harder. "Which sucks, but we'll figure it out--"

"You're leaving?"

It's Lola.

"Jeez," she scoffs. "At least pretend like I wasn't late, okay?"

Royce grins. "We'll be back."

"Promise?"

"Promise."

"Okay," Lola grins. "Good," and as Calum drags Royce away, she reaches out and grabs her arm. "And, when you're done with your quickie, check on Kenn. Like, when you come back."

Royce's scowl transforms immediately into a frown. "Why? What's wrong?"

"She and her man have been weird. Like, all night. Something's wrong."