[ii.vi. sedated]

"Free and young and we can feel none of it..."
__

"So," Luke folds his arms as a smug smile stretches across his face, "Royce, huh?"

Calum looks up from his bass. "What the fuck're you talking about?"

Luke grins. "I fucking saw you two today," he states as if he can't believe how Calum could've possibly forgotten that whole thing in front of the lockers. "After school. Remember?"

Calum's heart drops.

He scowls. "Yeah."

"So?"

"So?" He snaps. "So, what? You know what, just fuck you, Luke. Piss off."

Luke shrugs, unphased. "Fine, Cal. Whatever."

"Yeah, whatever," Calum snaps, because there's no way Luke saw that argument between him and Royce.

There's no way.

There's no fucking way.

First Ashton and now, Luke? What the hell was going on? Why were his friends all bent on thinking that there was something going on between him and Royce?

Whatever. Fuck it. Tonight was their last show they ever had to play at The Reptile Room and Calum was so happy he could cry. Tonight was the last night he ever had to associate himself with these druggies and strippers or with Snake and Emma.

Tonight was the last night he ever had to see Emma.

Hallelujah.

That alone had him wanting to cry hot tears of joy.

"You guys wanna play the best show you've ever played?"

Calum turns.

He looks away from his bass and from Luke and stares at, speak of the actual devil, Emma herself.

She's grinning, small baggie filled with white pills in hand.

"What the fuck's that?" Ashton exclaims.

"Yeah," Michael asks, tapping the bag curiously, "What is it?"

"I dunno," she shrugs. "Adderall, maybe?" She grins. "Found it in my dad's stuff. Let's do it."

"Wow," Luke nods. "So, that sounds like a fucking awful idea."

Calum wrinkles his nose. "Where is your dad?"

Emma scowls instantly. "Not important," she says, as both Luke and Calum frown because Snake was the only parent she had, so why the fuck didn't she know where he was?

"Are you gonna do this with me, or not?"

Ashton throws up his hands. "Where was this shit last week when I couldn't fucking keep my eyes open?"

"Yeah," Mikey grins. "What the fuck? What're you good for?"

Emma flips off Ashton and playfully elbows Michael. "Should've asked," she says, falling into a seat and emptying the contents on the table. "I could've got you anything."

"Well, I want in," Michael says, watching as she takes a pocket knife from her jeans and begins to crush the pills into powder.

"Wait," Luke begins, "You know you're not supposed to crush that, right?"

Emma rolls her eyes. "You know you're supposed to grow some balls, right?"

"Dude, you don't even know if that's Adderall," he says, as she shifts the powdered pills into a consecutive line, "What're you trying to do, kill us?"