Chapter 31- Michael's Book

Michael’s Book: CHAPTER 31

Michael….

‘Life is unexpected. No one can predict the future.’

Wow, if I was given a quarter every time I hear the quote, I could be surfing the waves in my indoor beach down in Hawaii.

Fact is I had my future set, I have my whole life planned out, even though its mundane but I did it and guess what, it looked great, ‘bright’ as they say.

As of two weeks ago, that completely changed.

Technically, I am not your normal brainless high school jock, ‘abnormal’ in a sense that I have an IQ that’s 0.5 times of Einstein. Yes, I am a braniac and a football junkie. God just decided to make me good at both. A curse if you lived through what I did.

Living with my two parents who have it for raising a non-bratty, single child, they were doing a wonderful job, flawless actually. Growing up in Georgia, we moved a lot. Some days I just lose track of where we are, when we moved, the house we live in. My parents are business moguls and moving around is a really unfortunate requirement. Until the last few years of high school, where they finally settled down in Seattle and I actually made friends, which didn’t turn out as well. Coach saw my football skills, forced me into the team, I got a lot of wins for the school and it just all went to my head. Became the Einstein jock of the school. I was accustomed to changes; huge changes even, maybe that’s why I take this whole vampire thing lightly.

So that’s it, I got to go off to college two years earlier thinking it would be great but turns out, being the little man, means you get kicked around even if you used to be on the football team. And being in a school full of future lawyers, you get kicked…HARD in the form of words. My parents just had a sudden thought that defending a criminal in court is better than improving quantum mechanics but I wasn’t to argue with their philosophy. I was raised not to.

Even so, life went on, I had friends, friend actually, Kim Da Eun, Korean, totally hot, with her huge glasses and all that. Really smart. We got along great, since we’re both outcasts, the ‘too-young-to-be-in-college thing. Everything was peachy until this happened. Now, I crave blood, apparently don’t age according to Dustin and am not allowed to see my family or anyone I knew in my previous lifetime because obviously the risk of draining them is pretty high. Great.

Damn, when life hits you, it hits you HARD.

--------------------------------------

Under the soft hum of the Range Rover’s engine, I could hear muffled screams, terrible ones that sounded anything but human. Liyana sat in the steering wheel, looking worn out and downright worried. She’s clutching the armrest so hard I am worried that it’ll break anytime soon.

“This is ridiculous. He needs help,’ she said, going for the door handle when I locked it on her. “Hey!” she exclaimed, shooting me a dirty look.

My arms were tensed on the staring wheel, staring out the windshield. “He told us to stay in the car, do you want to get yourself killed?” I asked without looking at her.

“Dude, you’re a vampire,” she stated suddenly, watching the emergency door we just exited through. Her hands were sweaty, I could smell it, fear, radiating off her. I couldn’t blame her; I was on the verge of wetting my pants too. The whole place was silent, even with my kind of hearing, there was nothing much to pick up. The walls were still, as if foreboding something bad. I could fell it.

Five minutes of torturous silence passed and nothing. No fights, no struggling, no explosion, just pure eerie silence that could’ve made Nosferatu proud. My patience was dwindling and fear has long turned into annoyance. What are they doing in there? Having a tea party or something?