Chapter 23

Thank you all for your support so far! This chapter is a bit lighter than the others. A little too dark for too long i suppose but non the less, ENJOY! And tell me what you all think in the comments below! Thats all i ask for. XOXO- Aric

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 23

I didn't know how long I was lying there, on the bed, staring up at the ceiling but time seems to escape me. The room was dark, except for the light of dawn, creeping in from beneath the curtains.

I bit my lips, trying hard to keep my mind blank. For some weird reason, I keep groaning and huffing, my whole body restless and twitchy. Something wasn't right.

Sure as hell, it wasn't right. I downright feel dirty...tainted.

If I knew who's the one getting all jiggy with a Demon, they would sure-.

I got pulled out of my thoughts as the door to the bedroom crept open. I got up to a sitting position, just in time to see Emma walking in, with a tray of what seemed to be store bought brownies and chocolate milk. Vampire senses, can't blame us.

My eyes trailed her as she approached me.

"Hey," she greeted me, and placed the tray on the bedside table, then sat herself down on the edge of the bed. I smiled and she handed me a piece of the brownies and motioned for me to take it. I waved it off but she gave me a stern look. "Eat," she said.

I rolled my eyes and took it from her and shove it whole, into my mouth.

After I downed it with the chocolate milk, I went closer to her, and planted a kiss on her lips.

"Thank you." I whispered in her ear.

She nodded and got herself comfortable beside me. She rested her head on my chest and cuddled herself in. I started combing her hair absent mindedly.

"You want me to talk, do you?" I asked her.

"Yup." She answered. "I just bribed you with food. Now talk."

"what if I don't want to?"

"You haven't got a choice," she cooed.

I shook my head and sealed my lips shut into a tight line. She groaned.

I rolled my eyes and in a swift motion, I had her under me, hovering over her with a sly smile on my face.

Her eyes darted left and right, too slow to digest what happened, then she seem to come to her senses. "What the hell, Dustin?! Get off of me!" she yelled.

I kept the smile. "You didn't want a moody vampire, so..." I trailed off, grazing my fangs along her neck, making her shiver.

"D-Dustin," she sounded strangled.

"Silent now." I whispered, hovering just above her lips, taunting her. I inhaled, relinquishing her scent, the strong smell of honey scented shampoo, tells me she just bathed. How convenient.

I was just about to move in, when suddenly I felt a searing pain on my left cheek and fell to the side of the bed.

"Owwh! Damn it!" I heard Emma groan. Apparently, she found the need to punch me in the face.

I got up and glared at her still clutching to my face. "Why the fuck, did you do that for?!"

She sat up and glared at me. "I came here to talk, thinking you were sad and all that shit, not getting hot and jiggy with it with me. Seriously, the nerve of you," with that she got up and went for the door.