Chapter 24

Here's a new chapter! Had a burst of imagination in the toilet (DON'T ASK) so yeah hope you guy enjoy it and please do leave feedback! XOXO- Aric

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 24

I withdrew my fangs from her wrist when I felt my cheeks flush for the first time in ages, with the warmth of Emma's blood in my system. Yes, I wanted more but I was sure not to take more than a mouthful, only enough to make me feel more alive again.

She looked at me and touched my cheeks and smiled, a sort of satisfied grin like someone who got results out of a seemingly impossible task. "You look better," she said, tracing her fingers up and down my jawbone.

I didn't reply, instead I grabbed her hand and placed her palm on where my heart was. At first she looked at me with mild amusement but then, realization dawned on her and I swore she almost jumped a foot high in the air.

She fanned herself, in lost for words. "Oh...what the...impossible." Was all I got from her as she cupped her mouth in total disbelief.

My heart was beating.

Fact, when fresh blood, willingly given by the donor, is taken, our natural deaden heart starts beating to pump it to every part of the body, to rejuvenate every muscle. Giving us the full capacity of our natural strength. However, it only lasts a few hours, then, it'll stop and we'll be as pale as we were before.

"Wow," she exclaimed, getting down to her knees and placing her hand on my chest, smiling as she felt the minor vibrations. I stared at her, a flitting churn in my stomach, sharing her joy of the moment. Moments like this were rare, it never happened to me since my transition but I heard stories from my parents. It is a time when we all feel human again.

I didn't know how long but I knew I didn't want the moment to end, as we stayed on the floor, just smiling stupidly at each other. Her hands never left my chest and I held on to them, feeling our hearts, for the first time, beating in sync with each other.

Then, I heard footsteps.

"What is it, Jaden." I sighed, getting up, together with Emma who whipped herself around, the moment she heard him saunter in.

"What? Can't a guy just walk into a room where his best friends at?" he asked casting a sidelong glace at me. Emma just shook her head and walked over to him, asking him how he was.

I could have been listening in but I didn't bother, and tuned out their chattering. Spotting the leftover brownies on the bedside table I flitted over to them, and grabbed a piece of it, and shove it into my mouth. Why am I eating these anyways, I thought to myself but I enjoyed the taste of cocoa.

"Hey Dustin." I heard Jaden call.

"What." I answered, without looking at him.

"The Vice President is on the line with Chester, in the conference room, he told me to tell you to get your ass over there?" Jaden mused.

Both Emma and I looked confused but she was the first to ask, "What does he want with Dustin? Is he suppose to even know that he's alive?"

Jaden shrugged but I was too eager to stand around.

"Be right back," I whispered into her ear and disappeared out the room. Before I reached out of hearing range, I swore I heard Jaden said 'trouble' or something in the lines of that, but I was going to find out soon enough.

When I reached the heavy oak doors to the conference room that Chester had ready whenever some political junk is shoved towards his way, I heard muffled voices, one sounding rather electronic. I brought myself, to turn the knob and with an easy push, the heavy door swung on its hinge, revealing a simple, beige colored room, soundproof, with a heavy, long conference table taking much of the space. A computer with a hologram projector sat in the middle and I could see it's already on.