Chapter Ten: A Change

"Adrian, please don't," I begged. 

"Don't what? I'm just wondering why you of all people are crying. Is it your pregnancy?" Adrian asked.

"I don't see how that is any of your business," Dimitri growled.

Lissa stepped in between Dimitri and Adrian, holding her hands up. "Shut up. Both of you. Adrian, come with me. We need to talk." Lissa turned back to me. "You stay here and talk to Dimitri. I'm going to see Tatiana. I'll be safe," she added as she saw I was about to protest.

I crossed my arms over my chest. "Dimitri-"

"Rose, how could you put Lissa and Rosie before our baby?" 

"Dimitri-"

He kept on talking as if I never spoke. "What happened with Abe isn't anything. He doesn't want to expose the truth. He wants to help, even if it's in some sick and twisted way."

"Dimitri!" I yelled. He shut up and focused all his attention on me. "This needs to stop. We need to stop. Shut up," I said as he opened his mouth. "If you want me to put our baby first, we need to break up. I love you, and I'll miss you everyday you're not with me," I paused to wipe the tears from my eyes, "but I won't let our child grow up without a father--"

He interrupted me by pressing his lips against mine. He placed his hands on my waist and lifted me up onto the counter. His lips traveled down to my neck as I moved my hands from his neck to his shoulders. "Dimitri, no," I breathed. "I told you what has to happen. I'm sorry." I removed his hands from my waist and hopped off of the counter. He raised his hand to grab me, but dropped it once he saw my expression. I looked anywhere but at him, or else I would never walk away. I dragged my feet as I walked away from him, using all my strength so I wouldn't look back. I was almost to the door. I just have to walk out that door and go to Lissa. I just have three more steps to go.

I put my hand on the door knob, and twisted it. For some reason, I couldn't open it. At first I thought it was because of my mind, but then I looked up; Dimitri loomed over me, holding the door shut. He looked at me with pleading eyes. Those eyes that could see right through me. Those eyes that were usually filled with love and desire, but are now filled with hurt and tears. I looked away from him as I opened the door. He didn't hold it shut this time. 

"I love you," we said at the same time.

I smiled and walked out into the dark night. I just have to go to Lissa and cry my eyes out to her. I just have to go to her and listen to her soothing words. 

Christian POV (A/N: This is the first time I am writing in his POV. I'm sorry if it sucks.)

I stepped onto the jet as I called Lissa. She answered almost as soon as I pressed the call button. "Hey, Liss," I greeted her.

She sighed. "What now, Christian?"

"What, no 'hey, how was your day you gorgeous being?' I didn't know we were married yet. Are you sick of me already?" I asked in mock hurt.

"I'm sorry. I'm stressed. Rose's father has shown up and he wanted to meet her--"

All my sarcasm dried up. As much as I hate to admit it, I do care about Rose. Without Rose, Lissa wouldn't be sane. And, come on, she's the perfect person to trade witty comebacks with. "Wait. Did you say Rose's father? What the hell is he doing at Court?"

Lissa sighed again. "I don't know. But I'm assuming it's about the baby." Her voice dropped to a whisper.

"I'll be at Court soon. I just got on the jet. We'll deal with it then, okay?"