Chapter Six: Needles and Phone Calls

"Rose," Lissa said, "you need to go to a doctor--"

"No! I'm fine. Let's just go back to the table."

"Rose--"

"Lissa, please. I'm fine."

She sighed, and stomped out of the bathroom. I looked it the mirror, making sure I looked okay. At least, that's what I told myself. I was honestly looking to see any drastic changes in my appearance. Like, if I was sick. But, I saw nothing. Actually, I looked... perfect. I was glowing. I shook it off, and shoved the issue into the back of my mind. It's not possible. I'm fine. I took a deep breath, and left the bathroom. I got back to the table, to see a worried Dimitri, angry Lissa, and a scared Christian. Okay, what did I miss?

I sat down next to Dimitri, relaxing into his side. I picked up on the issue two seconds after I sat down. Lissa was yelling at Christian for texting at the table. Christian said it was Tasha, but Lissa wouldn't believe him, because he wouldn't show her the messages.

"Sparky, if you have nothing to hide, then show me the messages," I taunted.

"Yeah, because I trust you with my phone."

I scoffed. "Come on, Sparky. I won't tell Lissa about who your texting--"

"Rose!"

I shot Lissa daggers, letting her know it was part of my plan. She nodded. I turned back to Christian, holding out my hand. "You have two seconds to hand over the phone. Or else I'll be joining you and Lissa on that booth seat. One... two-" He threw his phone to me. "Was that so hard?"

He rolled his eyes, and I started scrolling through his messages. The most recent one was to Tasha. I could see why Christian wouldn't let Lissa see the phone. I laughed as I passed by the message saying "the pregnancy hormones are already kicking in. she won't stop yelling and crying every five minutes >:(." As I scrolled through the messages, I saw Dimitri mentioned in one of them. I could feel my eyes widen as I read through the conversation that took place when we were driving.

Me: so, uh, how close were you and D?

Aunt T: Pretty close. Y? Is something wrong?

Me: nothings wrong. just wondering.

Aunt T: Christian, you are a horrible liar.

Me: seriously, aunt tasha. im just curious.

Aunt T: We, uh, got really close the last time I was down there.

Me: like, past 1st base?

Aunt T: Christian! What has gotten into you?!

Me: calm down. i wanna know how close you 2 are.

Aunt T: Yes. I have to go. The plane is about to take off.

I tossed Christian his phone back, stood up from the table, and walked out of the restaurant. I didn't want to make a scene by yelling at Dimitri and demanding questions. A few seconds later, I heard Lissa coming after me. We stepped outside, walking around the plaza. Lissa asked what was wrong, but I didn't answer her. We just continued walking around, browsing shop windows, pausing every few seconds to gush over clothing or food. By the time we had almost walked around the whole plaza, Lissa had spotted a doctor's office across the street. She asked me to go in, even though I didn't really have a choice. She squealed, grabbed my wrist, and dragged me across the parking lot and through the door. The bells chimed, and a bored woman at the desk turned to look at us. She automatically brightened and jumped out of her seat.