Trying to Escape

"Come off!" I yelled to no one in particular. I was sitting in front of a tub of water as I tried to scrub Raven's blood off my hands, but it was like it was staining my hands telling me that it was my fault Raven was slowly dying. After five minutes of scrubbing, I fell against the nearest tree, and sobbed as I looked at my blood stained hands. 

"Hey," I turned away hearing Bellamy's voice. The last thing I wanted was to talk to him. "Echo, I'm not going away." 

"Leave me alone." I sniffled. 

"You did what you could for Raven, you can't blame yourself." He said sitting down next to me. 

"But I do." I hissed. "She risked her life to help us, and I can't even repay her." 

"That's how I feel." He said. 

Looking up I saw he was serious. "What do you mean?" 

"You took my place. Was it really because you didn't want to watch me die?" He asked. 

"Partly, but I knew that you would have a plan set in place before you came into the drop ship, and you couldn't work that plan out if you were being hung. So I took a chance." Beginning to ease up, I looked at him and smiled. "Not that you were much help anyway." I laughed. 

"I was tied up on the ground!" He said sensing I was joking. 

"Well, it doesn't really matter, does it? I mean Murphy got away, not after he killed a some of us." I growled turning my head so that I was looking back at my bloody hands. 

"He'll get what is coming to him." Bellamy said. Once again we were silent. "Are you sure you want to stay here? Everyone else is leaving, and we're not going to leave you behind." 

"I don't want to leave, and trust me you'll be back soon enough. I doubt you'll make it a mile before you're herded back by the grounders." 

"Why are you so sure that they'll attack us, we're leaving, just like they wanted." 

"They did want us gone, but after the stunt you guys pulled on the bridge, they want blood." 

"So you're just going to stay here by yourself?" He asked. 

"Why, you worried?" I asked jokingly, but his face looked completely serious. "Bell, I'll be fine, plus if I leave now I won't be making my point." 

"We need our doctor." 

"I know, that's how sure I am that you'll be back." I said standing up and grabbing my gun. "Now, you should be packing." 

****

"Echo, stop being so stubborn!" Clarke yelled at me as she stood by the exit as everyone else started to gather. "Grab your stuff and just come!" 

"No," I said examining Raven's leg as she laid on the strecther they made for her. "Clarke, I want her bumped at lesat as possible. Any sudden movements could cause the bleeding to start again." 

"Come with us, and you can take care of her." 

"Leave her here. I'll watch over her." I said. 

"She's coming with us." Finn butted into the conversation. 

"I'm sorry, I thought you two weren't dating anymore." I glared up at him. 

"We're the closest thing we have to family, she is still my family." Finn snarled. 

"Fine watch her die." I hissed standing up, not before petting Raven's hair. I handed Clarke a small can of medicine. "This will keep her fever down, and hopefully keep infection at bay. Let her drink it, and put it on her wound. If you end up escaping, Peter knows what's in the conconction." 

"Please," Clarke pleaded. "Come with us." 

"Clarke's right, even though I disagree about leaving." Bellamy said hiking up. "We need you as much as you need us." 

"You're not going to change my mind." I said. "I'll stay here, and keep fortfiying the base." 

Before they could say anything else, I turned and walked towards the drop ship were the extra wires were. "Echo," I turned to see the sad expression of Octavia. "I never got to thank you for what happened with Murphy. Bell told me what you did for him." 

"It was nothing, really. It's not like I haven't been chocked before." I said gathering the wires. Looking back to her I saw her pained expression. "Don't look at me like that. I'm fine." 

"Stay safe, Echo." She said walking forward and pulling me into a soft hug. 

"Only if you do the same." I commented back, looking at her. 

*****

Clarke, Bellamy, and Octavia all gave me sad looks as they left the base, but in the end I watched as they all headed out and I shut the gate behind them. "Good luck." I muttered softly. I did want them to make it to safety, but I knew they wouldn't. 

Once they were out of sight, I went to where I put the wires, and I started wrapping them around a pointed stick. After a few tree's being climbed, and one near miss, I managed to set a trip wire, that if anyone knocked it the sharpened stick would come out of the tree and impale whoever was unlucky enough to hit it. 

After I realized that it took me forever to do that, I thought I could set up something that would last longer then just a simple trap. 

Fearing that we might be trapped in the drop ship, I decided to make a water collecting station on top of the drop ship, and then have a hose that went into the drop ship, so if we ended up being trapped in the drop ship, we could get fresh water. 

Grabbing a tub, I climbed the drop ship's side, and I placed it in a spot where there was a clear spot, with no tree's over it, and carving a wide hole in the bottom, I threaded a hose in, and then I trailed the hose to the huge gaping hole in the side of the drop ship that Murphy had so thoughtfully made. With a bit of trial and error, I managed to make an almost faucet where when you twisted a nob, the water would flow, and when twisted again, it would stop. 

To be honest I was pretty proud of myself, but my pride died down when I heard screaming. Rushing out of the Dropship I saw the campers running in yelling. "Move, move, move!" Bellamy was yelling as he was ushering everyone within the safety of the camp. 

"They're right behind us!" Octavia screamed. "GO!" 

"Shut the gate!" Finn yelled and those who were holding guns got on the walls and aimed their guns out. 

"What happened?" I asked a passerby, I think her name was Carla. 

"We were attacked by Grounders." She said. "Drew got hit." 

I glanced over to see Kennedy on the ground with a Grounder blade stuck in his face. Bending down next to him, I shut his eyes with my fingers. "Echo," Octavia stepped towards me. "You were right, and now Drew is dead cause we didn't listen to you." 

I grasped the knife and yanked it out of Drew's face, and I stood up. "We have to prepare." 

Clarke saw me from across the crowd of people, and she ran at me and pulled me into a hug, and I held her tight as the other's stared at us. "We have to fight, don't we?" 

"Yeah, I think it's time we fight."