Murphy the Ass II

The sounds of someone walking up the ladder woke me up way earlier then I wanted. Grunting, I sat up. Jasper was walking down the ladder. "What the hell?" I groaned.

He seemed almost hesitant, I didn't blame him, last time we talking I tried to kill him. "Relax, I'm not angry at you anymore." I sighed. "But don't think I have forgiven you."

"Seem's fair." He muttered coming to my side. "So what are you doing? Still resting?"

"Bellamy thinks I need to sleep, I should be out there helping you guys." I huffed. "What are you doing?"

"Getting more gunpowder, which I should probably give to Bellamy now because he'll have my ass." He stood up and smiled at me. "Echo, I'm sorry about what I did at the bridge, it was reckless, but you have to know I only did it to protect you and Clarke."

"I know." I sighed. "Now go before Bellamy get mad."

He smiled and climbed down the ladder. I listened as Jasper started talking to someone, it sounded like Murphy. There was running, and then quiet. "Murphy, just put the gun down." Jasper said.

I crawled to the hatch door and looked down to see Jasper by the ladder with Murphy pointing one of the guns at him.

Murphy looked nervous, as if he didn't want to. Looking over to Myles dead body, he looked back to Jasper. "He tried to kill me." He said. So it wasn't my fault Myles was dead. Murphy killed him! Jasper must have realized what Murphy had just did because he backed up, but Murphy held the gun back up. "Hey, don't move."

I needed to help Jasper, but I had to wait for my moment, or else he would have not only Jasper but me too. "Ok, ok." Jasper said. "It's cool."

"No, it's not." Murphy said shaking his head. "You know what'll happen to me if you tell Bellamy, or Echo." He was right. When Bellamy got his hands on Murphy he was not going to let him live.

"Tell Bellamy what?" It was Bellamy on the walkie talkie. Shit just got real. Jasper was smart.

"Give me the radio, Jasper." Jasper started pulling the radio out of his pocket, and it looked like he was going to hand it over, but quickly he put it to his mouth.

"Murphy has a gun. He killed Myles." Murphy ran forward and rammed the butt of the gun in Jasper's face knocking him to the ground.

"Murphy, what the hell are you doing?" Bellamy said over the radio. However, instead of listening, Murphy hit the close button on the drop ship door. It creaked shut leaving me and Jasper alone with a gun welding maniac. "MUPRHY!" Bellamy yelled coming closer to the drop ship, but before he could get inside the doors shut. "Open the damn door!"

"You try to be a hero, Jasper dies." Murphy yelled out. At least he didn't know I was there, maybe I could catch him by surprise.

*****

Two hours went by, and Murphy had manged to tie up Jasper, and not figure out I was in here. There was no good opportunity to attack him.

"Murphy!" I snapped my head up hearing Octavia's voice. "If you even touch Jasper, I swear to God, you're dead." I smiled at her spitfire.

"Murphy, I know you can hear me." It was Bellamy over the radio. "All our ammo and food is in the middle level. You know that. You're leaving us vulnerable to an attack. I can't let that happen."

Murphy picked up the walkie talkie. "Yeah, well, in case you haven't noticed, you're not exactly in control right now."

"Come on, Murphy. You don't want to hurt Jasper. You want to hurt me." Murphy looked to the gagged and bound Jasper. "So what do you say? How about you trade him for me? All you have to do is let him go, and I'll take his place." I shifted uncomfortably, I didn't want Bellamy taking Jasper's place, because I knew what Murphy would do to Bellamy.