Hatred

We walked through the jungle, Finn, Clarke, and I. Clarke wasn't talking so Finn kept blabbering on. Trying to keep our moods up. Finally Clarke butt in. "I'd love it if you were right about this, but did you ever consider it might be a trap?"

"Yep, but since it's Unity Day, I decided to have hope instead." Finn countered.

"I'm with Finn," I said. "they don't all seem bad."

"You are putting a lot of faith in a guy who stuck a knife in you." Clarke scolded me.

"Ehh," I shrugged walking off.

***
The sun finally came out just as we reached the bridge. We ran up to see Octavia pacing back and forth. I ran to her and wrapped her in a hug. I pulled back. "Are they here yet?" I asked.

"No," She answered.

Clarke walked forward and saw Octavia. "So that's how you set this up." She said. "You helped him escape, didn't you?"

"I trust him, Clarke." Octavia said.

"There's a lot of that going around." Clarke mumbled.

Just then I heard rustling, and I looked across the bridge. "Someone's coming." I said. Out of the trees appeared two figures. Lincoln and Anthony.

Octavia and I both ran up and hugged out grounders. I knew this would be the first time Clarke saw this but I didn't care. I was just so glad to see Anthony okay. I pulled back. "Thank you, for arranging this." I said.

"Echo?" Clarke breathed out. I turned and looked at her.

"Clarke, this is Anthony." I said. "And he saved my life." Clarke glared at him clearly not happy to see him, but I kept my hand in his.

Suddenly the sound of hooves hitting the ground sounded and I looked passed Anthony to see three horses come galloping out with grounders with creepy ass masks on, well except for the one in the middle.

"Oh, my god, horses!" Clarke said reading my mind.

The horse in the middle sauntered forward with a lady on it's back. This lady looked terrifying. She had dirty blonde hair, and the most promiant cheekbones I had ever seen, but the most scary part about her was her eyes, they looked cold and dead.

"Hey, we said no weapons." Finn said running up to Lincoln and Anthony.

"We were told there wouldn't be." Anthony said as we looked at the knives and bows that guards had.

"Well, it's too late now." I shrugged not really to scared. I started walking forward with Clarke tailing me.

Their leader got off her horse and approached us in the middle of the bridge. As we approached each other Clarke grabbed my hand, I knew she was scared. Once in the middle we stopped and stared at each other, until the grounder spoke. "Your names are Echo, and Clarke?" She asked.

"Yes," I said answering for the both of us.

"I'm Anya." She said. I stuck out my hand for her to shake, but she just looked at me like I was trash. I pulled back my hand and looked to Clarke.

"I think we got off to a rough start," Clarke said getting her voice back. "but we want to find a way to live together in peace."

"I understand." Anya said coldly. "You started a war that you don't know how to end."

"What?" I butted in throughly confused. "No. We didn't start anything. You attacked us for no reason."

"No reason?" Anya said getting loud. "The missiles you launched burned a village to the ground."