Murphy the Ass

I was in the med bay doing my rounds. Stitch a few cuts here, put ice on a bruise. It was a normal day. "Echo, are you almost done, Wells and I want to head down to the gym." Clarke said appearing in the doorway.
"I have two more people to see, and I'll be down there." I said. Clarke smiled at me and left. I started making my way to the next room to check on a little girl with a fever, when I heard it. The loudest boom ever. The floor beneath me shook violently making me fall to the ground.
Then a lot happened at once. Alarms started going off, people were screaming, the smell of smoke filled the air, and sense of dread spread through my body. Once the initial shock was over I sprang to my feet, and started running towards the commotion. I ran into the main room of our infirmary, and saw Abby and Jackson talking furiously to people. I quickly ran over to them. "What the hell was that?" I asked.
Abby and Jackson looked at each other. "The engineering room." Abby finally said.
My heart stopped. I turned and took off into a full sprint. My name was being called behind me, but I ignored it charging on. As I passed the halls I saw people on the floor crying, and the closer I got, the more injuries I saw. Debris was on the floor, and the air was thick with smoke. However, I chugged on. There were only two things on my mind. Mom and Dad.
They were working there. And if the engineering room had exploded then whose to say they weren't. I ran into the engineering room pushing through the people. However, once I was in there, it finally hit me. The whole room was black with smoke, scorched bodies lined the floor, and nothing was moving.
My body was froze. My heart had stopped. The only noise I could hear was the sound of ringing. Just by looking at the room, I knew my parents were dead. No one could survive this. I was alone.

I awoke letting out a terrible scream. I sat up in a bed and sweat covered my body. Footsteps came running to the tent, and the flaps were pushed aside, and two people ran in. Octavia and Bellamy. "Echo!" Octavia said sitting by my bedside and grabbing my arms.

I was breathing heavily, and shaking like crazy, but seeing Octavia made me feel better. "The.... the explosion." I mumbled out. "Smoke. Dead. Parents." My words probably meant no sense to them, but Octavia nodded.

"It's okay, there's no explosion. You're here, safely on earth." She said pulling my into a hug. I shakily hugged her back. I looked up to the concerned face of Bellamy. He pressed his lips together, and walked out of the tent.

Octavia held me for a good 5 minutes until my shaking had resided. She pulled back and looked at me. "Feel better?" She asked. "I could get Clarke-"

"No, you're all I need." I said looking around the tent. I had never been in here, it was quite spacious it had two beds, and a chest. "Isn't this your tent?" I asked. She nodded "Why are there two beds? Who shares this tent with you?"

"You" She said. When I gave her a quizzical look she continued. "Bellamy made this tent a few days ago, and since it was big enough I had them put to cots in here, so when you got Jasper better, you'd have a place to sleep, other than the drop ship. Do you like it?"

I smiled and pulled Octavia into another hug. "It's great." I said. "Thank you.... for everything." I said.

****

It had been almost a week since I found Wells' body, but the wound was still pretty raw.

I sat down at the end of Wells' grave. While I was sleeping someone must have buried him. I wanted to have dug the grave myself, to be there when they put him in. To had said goodbye to one of the closest friends I ever had. But instead I had to sit there next to a mound of dirt letting my tears make mud out of the dirt. "I'm sorry Wells," I cried. "I'm so sorry. You deserve more."

"It wasn't your fault" I jumped at the sound of Miller's voice. "If it's anyones, it's mine. I was on watch. I should have seen if grounders came that close to him. You're not to blame. So don't beat yourself up over it."