Chapter 17

Khushi stared at the bedroom ceiling while lying down in the bed, letting her tears fall freely. Thinking about what had happened. Please let this be a nightmare. Please... She closed her eyes and opened again. No. It wasn't a nightmare. It was real. Reality. She turned to her side to try to sleep. But she couldn't. After tossing left and right on the bed for a couple of minutes, she gave up. She got up and went to the poolside and looked at the stars. The stars which gave her comfort. The stars which she believes to be her parents.
She felt a grip on her shoulders. She turned around to find Arnav who was gesturing her to sleep. But it looked like he was the one who needs sleep right now. He looked emotionally and physically drained. He picked up Khushi and placed her on the bed. He leaned forward and kissed her forehead,
"Don't worry, we'll get through this," he said while switching off the lamp and got to the bed beside Khushi.
****** Flashback *******

When is the right time Mr Raizada? After the six months are over? When everyone will ask me why I'm leaving? You think she will believe me when she won't believe you?! Or will anybody believe me? What will happen after that? I'll be left alone again just like 10 years ago... Tha... That's what you want right!" She poured out everything from her heart. She couldn't carry them inside anymore. Saying this she turned to leave. Her eyes widened at the scene infront of her...
Anjali was standing near the door with tears flowing down her cheeks. Looking at Khushi frozen, Arnav turned. His eyes widened at seeing his Di standing there.
"Chote... Khushiji... What..." She could only get those out of her mouth. She was so shocked. Yes. She had heard the whole conversation. The whole world just seem like collapsing. She felt her head whirling. She fainted. She only heard Arnav and Khushi shouting her name lastly.
After a while, Anjali was concious again. She opened her eyes to see Khushi and Arnav beside her.
"Chotte, Khushiji... Is what I heard just now..." She began but couldn't continue.
"Anjali Di, we'll talk about that later. You take rest first..." Khushi said trying really hard to hold her tears.
Why should both important women on his life have to suffer like that? Arnav thought. He couldn't come up with words to say to his Di. What should he say? That the man she literally worshipped was a cheater, a fraud?
Just then he heard Anjali saying," No Khushiji! I need to know now! What are you two hiding from me? Shyamji cheated on me? What..." Before Khushi could talk any word, she continued.
" I will believe you Khushiji. I had doubts on him too... Since the day he bought a ring that wasn't for me. Since the day my mangalsutra fell. Since the day I found out he wasn't even at the court when he told me he had an important court meeting. And since the day... " Anjali broke down, sobbing.
Arnav held her sister for support, trying to console her. Khushi starred at Anjali wide-eyed. She had expected Anjali to not believe what she said and she thought she would blame her instead. But she was wrong.
Khushi started telling her what happened. She herself didn't know what happened as she had no memory of it. But she told what Payal had said that day on the terrace when Arnav had accused her of having an affair with that rascal.
Anjali could not belief her ears but what Khushi had said made sense.
"I'm going to put an end to this!" Anjali said to Arnav and Khushi.
** Flashback ended*********

How is the story so far guys? I'll try to add some Arshi moments also instead of chucking in with Anjali and Shyam story!