Chapter 14

Khushi woke up the next day. She looked around for Arnav. Events of last night came rushing to her mind. She had pushed him away. What could she possibly do? Her words rang trough her mind.
"What do you think you are doing?! You will torture me, make me cry! Then you realise you did wrong and then do all this?! You think I can forgive you easily? Enough! I can't take this anymore! Just leave me alone..." Khushi cried, ending the last sentence with a sob and left the room.
*****
Every word she said stabbed my heart. What really got me was that what she said was true. How can I expect her to forgive everything so easily after all I have done? I have to fix this mess...
*****
Khushi couldn't concentrate on anything that day. She felt so lost. She began making jilebis. Payal got worried seeing her sister creating a mountain of jilebis. There is surely something wrong, she thought.
Khushi felt a grip on her shoulders, making her jolt. She turned around to see her sister with a worried look plastered on her face.
"Is everything alright Khushi?" Payal asked.
"Yes Di! Everything's fine!" Khushi replied, trying her best to reassure fm her sister.
But Payal was not convinced.
"Did Arnavji..."
"No! What would he do! He didn't do anything Di! I told you I'm fine!" Khushi cut Payal's sentence.
"Then why are you making this much jilebis Khushi!" Payal exclaimed, sensing there was something wrong.
Just then, they heard Manorama calling Payal. Khushi heaved a sigh of relieve. She smiled a assuring smile to Payal who left the kitchen reluctantly.
Arnav was back from work but Khushi was burying herself in household chores, planning to go to his room only after he slept.
But Khushi was already feeling tired so she decided to just ignore Arnav and go to sleep. She entered the room only to see Arnav trying to gain balance. He was almost going to faint. Panic stricken, Khushi rushed towards him.
"Khu... Khushi... I need sugar..." Arnav struggled to even say these words.
Khushi didn't know what to do. She looked around and remembered she had packed a box of jilebis to hide them from her Di. She made Arnav lie down on the recliner and quickly grabbed them from the cupboard and feeded him with it.
Arnav was slowly gaining conciousness. Khushi stared at him and Arnav stared at her too.
Rabba Ve...

Sorry if I had disappointed any of you guys in the first part hehe. I just felt that Khushi can't forgive him that easily... Anyway sorry for late update. Went overseas... I will try to update often! I hope you liked this small update :)